Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fastest way to get water reconnected?

Hey guys,

Anyone got any suggestions for the fastest way to get water reconnected in Santiago?

Mine went out yesterday. I assumed it was just a typical outage, until it wasn't back this morning. All my bills are always paid on time, so its nothing to do with that. I think its just one of those things.

I've talked to 3 different people there, and each time they checked my account and said "someone is coming".

I'd like to take a shower. :-)

Any suggestions?

Adrian

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Naturally 10 minutes after I posted this, they arrived.

My water had been shut off at the street because of a broken pipe here in my building. Even though it was not their job, they did a quick job fixing that, and turned the water back on. :-)

Adrian

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coorasan works well

Faced with increasing costs, the Water corporation has generally supplied Santiago with excellent water.

I have always drunk the tap water here, so have my kids.

And when I ask for help, I get it. Leaks in the street. Broken connections, even stopped up sewer pipes.

One of the best public services in the country.

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd agree with you on this, except the water does go out about 3 times a week. Normally it doesn't affect me because I'm used to it, but in my mind it would tend to disqualify them as the best public service.

I have to hand it to Codetel - I am generally delighted with their level of internet service.

I've been using internet flash for 1.5 years now, and we had only the third major outage last week (1/2 day without service). Apart from that, its been running flawlessly the rest of the time and I use the internet a lot. The connection speed is very fast, its very reliable and it just works.

Actually I wish they'd raise their prices for internet flash - I'm worried that with the peso devaluation that they'll be forced to drop their service levels.

And Codetel cellphone coverage is better than I got with AT&T and Sprint in San Francisco.

Not too shabby for a developing country.

Adrian
    Last edited by Adrian Bye; 05-31-2003 at 02:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes, I should have qualified that

I meant publically run service. Codetel is a Verizon company and has always been foreign owned---GTE and then Verizon. One of the best, if not the very best in all of Latin America.

Last week's outage affected everything: Internet, and long distance....major outage..

HB