security/barking dogs

pbrane

May 30, 2003
Hi. I've been wondering about how noisy it is in the Sosua area -whether there are neighborhoods that are quiet or not? It sounds like many people have dogs for security (remnds me of when I lived in a nice 'hood in Guadalajara -everyone had a damned barking dog). So I -living alone in a house- would either have to get a dog myself for security, or hire someone to watch my house, or worry about it every time I left for the beach...

Is it that bad, or are there places or developments where I could own a house and wouldn't have to worry about getting burgled -and not need tight security....??

Thanks
michael

getonwithit

Mar 17, 2003
i'm sorry i have no idea about security in sosua (although i can?t imagine it is that dangerous), but i just had to say something:

"pbrane" has to be the most hysterical user id i have seen on this or any other site. funny how things like that get me rolling on the floor with laughter. inspirational! i just hope for your sake it isn't true.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If you think it is as bad as you imagine, why are you even interested in living in Sosua or anywhere else in the DR?

There are many places you can live that are quiet and relatively secure (no place anywhere is perfectly secure these days).
If you insist on choosing a house that is isolated, then you will probably need to provide your own security, but if you live in one of the very nice communities on the outskirts of Sosua you will have little or no trouble.

Give your imagination a rest and come to Sosua and see for yourself. I recommend that you contact Dean Brown, the Century 21 representative for the North Coast, and have him show you what is available in the many fine developments. You can email him at wandabrown@codetel.net.do and arrange for him to show you around.