There Goes the Neighborhood

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Yes Jazz, its true. I purchased a condo over at Tradewinds. I couldn't see a better opportunity on a purchase and given the fact that I'm back and forth, a condo was the way to go. I'll be spending about 75 days a year there. Like you, I had been looking for quite some time and ended up stumbling on this as one of Jim Belair's afterthoughts immediately after we had looked at some other property. It's perfect for my needs. With some new ceramic tile, painting and refurnishing, it will be just like home up here. First party will be about a year from now.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
MY, My, my ....... What IS the North Coast coming to?? First Jazz buys some LAND, now KenoshaChris buys a condo & Jazz is looking in the same direction!! Had several visitors in May looking to buy property for "Renting out" whilst not living here - Is the North Coast becoming a Part timers area???

Keep on coming folks, even if you are part timers - we need your US $'s, ?'s sterling AND Euros!!! Are we going to have monthly "Reunions" at Rocky's from now on??? I don't think I could take the pressure!!

Serious for just one second - WELCOME Kenosha. You will be a good influence on the other rebels out that way like JohnnyH, Christa, Ken etc!!!! - Grahame.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I'm going to make a tongue in cheeck racist remark - before y'all shoot me, this is a joke!

Seems to me we're doing well with getting all the eurotrash to move out and replacing them with good solid citizens! A few more months of the peso staying in hell and most if not all the euro's will be gone, then we can resell Sosua and Cabarete to folks with lots of money and lots of class!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Wow... <mouth hanging open> I know you "say" that this is a joke and racist but... For the most part you are right! Now if we can only get rid of the rest of the smokers! LOL

I actually like some of the Germans!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hey Chris/Jazz,
I come from Europe (of sorts) AND I smoke!!! Can I be included in the EuroTrash please?? It'll be the first "BOX" I've ever been put into!!!

Sorry, no chance of me leaving though - life is too great despite the devaluation going on. Getting a load of the old ?'s sterling, inflation doesn't hit too hard & devaluation makes me even healthier in the cashflow!!! - Grahame.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
BushBaby said:
Hey Chris/Jazz,
I come from Europe (of sorts) AND I smoke!!! Can I be included in the EuroTrash please??

Absolutely not, and for a lot of reasons. Not the least being Great Britain wants nothing to do with the euro. I saw a poll report on CNN yesterday saying that 57% of the Brits were opposed.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Hah, Grahame you are a card!

Although this was a joke and tongue in cheek, do you know exactly whom she was referring to? Maybe I have trouble reading but...

Do me a favor and ask Alberto if he can run the errand for me tomorrow morning as opposed to the afternoon. Thanks, Escott

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
jazzcom said:
Although this was a joke and tongue in cheek, do you know exactly whom she was referring to? Maybe I have trouble reading but...

Just thinking of the real sleazy tourists and similar type expats we get around here - most commonly from Germany. Of course The Queen's finest like Grahame can stay and he and I will go and smoke somewhere in a corner so that we don't offend the new Classy Folks moving into the neighborhood! ;)

Now you have a box Grahame - The Queen's Finest!

More seriously, I do see some new 'for sale' signs going up around the place. My one and only German friend around here is saying that the German expats as a group seems to be wanting greener pastures. They seem to be unhappy with what is happening. And I do see more English and American tourists in Cabarete in comparison with early last year. Just wondering if it is the beginning of a trend...

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Chris said:
And I do see more English and American tourists in Cabarete in comparison with early last year. Just wondering if it is the beginning of a trend...

Dare we hope so?

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
The real estate people I've talked to in the Sosua/Cabarete area have been saying there has been a significant uptick in the market since December and the buyers are overwhelmingly Americans. It is a trend and I am betting US$ that it is gaining momentum. Hey Jazz, good luck on your closing tomorrow, looking forward to hearing about your new treasure.

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Thanks Grahame. I actually made it into Puerto Plata the other day. Looking forward to seeing you more in the future.

nyyankee09

May 7, 2003
KenoshaChris,
Were you happy with Jim Belair's services? I keep reading about how happy people were in their experiences with Dean Brown. I was wondering if Mr. Belair is another good real estate agent in the area.

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Jim was consciencious, responsible, punctual and got back to me within a short period of time when he was unavailable. As an attorney I've closed perhaps 1,000 transactions and have seen the full spectrum of realtors and would not hesitate in referring him to anybody buying or selling.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Camden Tom said:
The real estate people I've talked to in the Sosua/Cabarete area have been saying there has been a significant uptick in the market since December and the buyers are overwhelmingly Americans. It is a trend and I am betting US$ that it is gaining momentum. Hey Jazz, good luck on your closing tomorrow, looking forward to hearing about your new treasure.

Going to have to wait till next week. I have been told it isn't official till a check clears a NY bank. Last closing I didn't have to wait for this. Guess that was because the seller was in Germany.

I don't like to give details till it is a done deal then I am happy to. Sorry! You look like a real ass if things crap out and I do this all by myself all on my own and don't want to be dependant on a closing that involves others to make an ass out of myself. lol

I am assured that it is all good by the sellers and the attorney but...

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
I have made an ass out of myself in the past without the necessity of others. Its easy. Don't wory about it. If you're dumb enough, you don't care. I don't.