Honeymoon in DR. Will we have a ball !!

J

Jennifer t

HI Everyone, we are going to DR in Aug - sept 2003 for 2 weeks honeymoon. Staying at Iberostar Costa Dorada, North Coast. Just wondered what its like anyone been there. Ive heard mixed reports on the place not sure what to think? please help as this is our (hopefully) one and only honeymoon!!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
If you will be there for two weeks, be sure to take the north coast tours or if you are a reasonably well traveled person, rent a car and explore the north coast on your own. For more information on what to see, see http://dr1.com/travel/index.shtml
There, look under the Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete and Playa Grande headings, all within an hour's drive from your hotel.

J

Jennifer t

Thanks Dolores. we will hopefully do most day trips etc. Any advice on the weather that time of year?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Jennifer,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

We spent two great weeks at ICD in April 2002 and I would recommend it to all but the most avid anti-AI's. I am unaware of "mixed reports on the place " as just about all I have read has been stellar.

For more than a few reviews see http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/travel24.html

There is much to do on the North Coast but you have to get outside of those gates to see what the true D.R. is all about. We have been to the North Coast four times in the last two year's and plan to return again next year.

If you are going to be in the Cabarete area try to hook up with "Chris" (that's her DR1 board name) and make a small (or large) donation to the fund for Damalbi and Jaquelin (do a search here for these names to find out more) or if in Sosua drop in to see Barb Anderson at the Brittania Pub and make a donation to the Sosua Kid's Association (http://www.webdominicana.com/sosuakids-en.html).

If you have any questions e-mail or PM me.

Have a great trip.

Gregg

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The Jeep tour round the back of Mount Isabel de Tores & on to the waterfalls at Imbert is a must. If you like mountainous areas, do the tour up to Jarabacoa. For fun & laughter you can do the 'Funny Bike' tour (quads!!). Suggest you do them in that order.

As suggested earlier in this thread, get out & meet the locals. Don't wear your expensive jewellery etc - keep things simple as these guys don't have much & don't like "FILTHY Rich" being rammed down their throats. Take a few sweets for the kids, some old clothing, perfume, sneakers or medicines/health care stuff for the more grown-ups!!

Try to make time to go up Mouint Isabel de Tores in the cable car (the only one in the caribbean). Taxi to the cable-car is RD $200 there & back plus RD $100 each up the mountain. The taxi driver will wait for you OR you could let him go telling him you would be back down in 2 hours (or whatever you choose!).

You WILL have a good time & as it is your honeymoon, I am sure you will have a ball too!! - Grahame.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am sure you will enjoy your stay

Generally speaking, I am the curmugeon of this board, however, in the case of your chosen hotel, I cansay that every person I have talked to have had high praise for it, so be assured you are going to be pampered.

As for day trips, besides those that have been suggested, do try the one for Paradise Island. It is a German run operation and they do a pretty good job.

A note to Bush Baby: Your idiom is confused: It is called "balling" not 'have a ball' Jeesh, BB, and I thought you were English??

Hehehe from the ol' curmugeon...

HB