Toronto Reunion June 27th

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
My daughter and I are going to a CD release party on Friday June 27th and I thought this might be a good time to get together with DR1ers from the area.

It's Flaminco style music and it will be at Lula Lounge. 1585 Dundas st. west (Dufferin & Dundas), Toronto.... 416.588.0307 Tickets are $10.00 To get a ticket call Richard at 416-763-4885

You can get a sample of the music

Gonzaga, Helen, Debs,Meredith it would be nice to see you all again. I would love to meet Maryanne, Mob, Ricktoronto and anyone else I have forgotten that lives in the area.

Let me know and I will book us a table

Last edited:

maryanne

Mar 16, 2003
Sounds wonderful! I'm sure I can get a babysitter for my daughter. I'll will try my best to be there!
Thanks Anna for setting this up.

Now I've got to figure out how to get a ticket.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
next time for me, i guess.

thanks for the invite anna, but my friday nights are dedicated to trying to beat your tetris score ;) .

actually, we will turn that weekend into the first long one of the summer and do the weekend commute up the 400 to the cottage. do have fun, i'll try another time. hey maybe dr techie will show up again!!

mob :classic:

ps. link school is now complete.

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Anna,

Sadly, I can't make it either, going whitewater rafting and camping at that time. Shipping out soon, so gotta get all the excitement in as I can before I leave again! Maybe we can meet up another day...

Have fun all!

owdumlad

Mar 31, 2003
Anna Coniglio said:
My daughter and I are going to a CD release party on Friday June 27th and I thought this might be a good time to get together with DR1ers from the area.

I don't know if we would be considered DR1ers as we have only posted maybe 3 or 4 times on here. But we do read a lot of the threads on this site on a regular basis. We would however like to try and make it to Toronto for that get together if the invite extends to "Part time" DR1ers :)
We would be coming from Guelph,Ontario so it really isn't too far for the evening.

Tony and Janis.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Tony and Janis
Welcome to DR1. Yes do come. I'll be there for sure and Maryanne, my daughter Rosemarie and some of her friends. I posted early so that people can plan ahead. I know it's the long weekend here. BTW I live in Guelph also. I'll email you. Be sure to call for tickets.

Thanks

Petaka

Nov 8, 2002
I was planing on going

But Something has come up. We're having A lot of Rain around here and I Suspect Toronto has the same kind of weather, anyway.
See you next time. :dead: :dead: :dead:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I'd Love to Come, but ironically.....

Since I missed the Santo Domingo one because I was leaving for Toronto, I have to miss this one as I am leaving for Santo Domingo. Kismet!

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Hi Anna,

Well for now I'll say I'm coming, and hope to bring a few friends. Can we purchase the tickets at the door instead of phoning Richard, let me know.

DJ

bagamunda70

Sep 25, 2002
Hey Anna, it's funny b/c I was wondering if one was approaching considering last year we did one around the same time ( a week later) however I won't be around for this one ........ have a great time all those who do go....
Patricia:Bagamunda

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Toronto Reunion

Sorry Anna. Will be in D.R. that week. Would have been a treat meeting up with everyone and getting some faces for the names. C'est la vie!!

Heather

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Well I just spoke to Ken Vella and there's plenty of tickets left. (long weekend you know) so if you were waiting for the last minute to decide just come down early and you'll get tickets. My daughter and I will be there by 9 pm. Yes I know,that's kind of early for us night hawks but the band goes on at 9.

Gonzaga are you and your friends coming? Hope to see you again and looking forward to meeting Maryanne. Where is Hollywoodnorth these days? Debs? Anyone else in the area please come down we'd love to meet you.

Petaka it stopped raining around here and it's damn hot now. We're reaching 34 degrees celcious this week.

maryanne

Mar 16, 2003
Great!

I will be coming for sure! It will be nice to meet some people, especially you Anna! I'm trying to drag at least one girlfriend along. If I can bring some more friends, I will.

Ciao! See you soon!

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Anna,

I don't think I'll be able to make it to LuLu's, however, there will be a group of us at El Rancho later if the gang wants to drop over later. Might as well make it a Party Night.

Have a great time Gang, anyone for Las Brisas on Sunday night. We will be there with friends. HAPPY CANADA DAY !

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Gonzaga, El Rancho doesn't start to swing till about 11 pm so you could still make both ;) Is the Flamigo/Flaminco across the street till opened till 5 am? I think El Rancho closes at 3 am right?

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Anna,

Both clubs close at 3 pm, Flamingo has a restaurant downstairs that stays open till 5pm, but the night club closes before. I'll probably get to EL Rancho around 11 pm, so I don't think I'll make it to Lula.

Could not get any of my friends to come to Lula, as they club is mostly SALSA music. Have fun. Maybe we can plan a get together in August for the DR1.COM gang.

I'm in the mood for lots of BACHATTA, and SALSA dancing tonight.