Negative Trip Report

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
A local newspaper here in Illinois printed this trip report last Sunday by AP reporter Jim Krane. A copy can be found on the internet at:

This website.

Sounds as if the reporter failed to research his topic properly; should have posted some questions here on DR1 before attempting his solo adventure. :)

Swede

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I don't see why this is negativ trip report. The guy wanted wilderness and got wilderness. I personally know that beach and went their many times with my family but, as mentioned in the report, with a well loaded ice box, some fishing gear, bbq and tons of OFF.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
I didn't read it as a negative report either. The guy summed up the lesson he learned: Paradise is not just an Empty Beach.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
I think this article was in every Sunday papers travel section. For sure, this guy said he was happy with his other hotel, and only left 'cause he felt out of place. Still, people who THINK they want complete solitude rarely comprehend what it really means.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Is there any way we can get in touch with this guy??

I would love to set him straight on a couple of things...

And YES, he was a fool not to research this site before doing what he did...

HB

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Re: Is there any way we can get in touch with this guy??

Hillbilly said:
I would love to set him straight on a couple of things...

Maybe. AP doesn't list individual email addresses for its correspondents, but list a generic address for all. It is

info@ap.org .

It should be directed to Jim Krane - Technology . New York fax: 212-621-1587; phone number is 212-621-1500. Looks as if this article was a little outside his area of expertise!

I know that if anyone has a chance to set this guy straight, it's you. Good luck, Hillbilly! :)

Swede

Last edited:

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
hey guys his report wasn't negative lol! however he is very funny and i thank him alot for letting me know i'm even thinking to pass around that beach lol!