Toronto to Santo Domingo

sjoekik

Feb 7, 2002
Any suggestions on where to look for cheap flights from Toronto to Santo Domingo ?

Thanks

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
sjoekik said:
Any suggestions on where to look for cheap flights from Toronto to Santo Domingo ?

Thanks

Transat and Skyservice charters now fly to La Romana so if you don't mind a 90 minute or so taxi or bus ride on arrival there are lots of air only deals, even into the summer which wasn't the case before when SDQ flights dried up usually from June to September.

Otherwise it is Toronto to Miami to SDQ on American Airlines. Conenctions to the Newark SDQ flights on Continental don't work. (You arrive in EWR too late). Via New YOrk is inadvisable as you fly to LGA from Toronto but leave from JFK and that is a horrible connection.

You should specify what's cheap (to you) , too - if around CDN$1,000 (range is $800 to $2000+ depending on the time of year) is cheap then fly on AA. If not then fly to LRM and take a cab. About $50 or so each way.

I fly AA to SDQ 6 times a year and it varies but, the cost is the cost, so I pay what it costs.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Please keep in mind about charters

Through the various sell off sites ( www.belairtravel.com is another good one in Toronto for air only) - they don't go to SDQ anymore unless they are connecting with a cruise out of there and that is not often.

For a first timer I am not sure that LRM would be the best place to land, unless on a package like Hamaca or Don Juan in Boca Chica for example in which case they will bus you there and back.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You're right Rick. I normally click on POP. The wholesale club does have charters that land in La Romana.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Sneaky Charters, Too - Careful!

Anna Coniglio said:
You're right Rick. I normally click on POP. The wholesale club does have charters that land in La Romana.

They post ads to "Santo Domingo" for Hamaca, et al., then in fine print you see they fly to LRM and then you get on a bus with (gasp!) tourists for a hour and a half.

Better to grab a cab, beat a hasty retreat and get to the hotel in 1/2 the time and stay out of lines.

Transat had the nerve once to advertise air only to SDQ for MORE than LRM, by $40 or so - and then that flight TOO went to LRM , there were no connections included by bus so they flew you to the wrong city and charged more for the privilege, which adds to the long long list of why I won't fly charters ever, ever, ever again.