Congrats to Miss DR. But...

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
I wonder how many of the DR1 posters who hate the Rich, White Dominican, Upper Class are pounding their chests with pride for their Dominicanita's Victory?

Paola Karina

Jun 4, 2003
Like Jane says, I wouldn't be pouding my chest, but.... Yes we are happy..

If you come to think of it, right now all we actually care for is that she is DOMINICAN...

I had my little thorn for her, I was terribly dissapointed because of last year's event with that beautiful morena Ruth Ocumarez, she had all it took to be there, she has or had nothing to envy of all the other candidates and of course Amelia at this time.

But this is were the difference stands, Ruth is the perfect reprepresentaci?n de la mujer dominicana, and Amelia is the Miss Universe stereotype... Tall, white, etc. etc.

But we must give her her values, excellent young girl, brilliant and beautiful. Goes to show it's not a rare combination, we can be both beautiful and smart... plus an excellent personality...

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
Although I don't think she exactly represents the majority of Dominican women, it's still good for all that she won, so of course people will be happy. Any positive press for the DR is a blessing.

However... what the heck was that fire and water question she came up with??

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Bugsey34 said:
Although I don't think she exactly represents the majority of Dominican women, it's still good for all that she won

Again, what does a dominican look like? Don't you people get it? we come in all colors/sizes. I believe she represented all of us very well.

Paola Karina

Jun 4, 2003
Bugsey, I totally agree with you on the question deal...

Even though I thought it was mediocre question, more mediocre, was the answer. I understood the candidate when she said she couldnt answer that question "because I'm human...", but how dumb can you be to no interpret a metaphor. Duh, ni modo que sea literalmente, fuego o agua.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This is the ONLY Good News we have had in the last year!

Lets enjoy it! The DR Pagent owners sent a woman who could win! She may not be a "Typical" Dominican Beauty,but she is a DOMINICAN beauty non the less! Cris Colon

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Re: This is the ONLY Good News we have had in the last year!

Criss Colon said:
The DR Pagent owners sent a woman who could win! She may not be a "Typical" Dominican Beauty,but she is a DOMINICAN beauty non the less! Cris Colon

There you go!

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
What Kingofdice said!

But of course, being a Dominican beauty myself, I'm biased!

-Indie
Je je je

carcoll

Mar 31, 2003
yes, I am happy for her(us)

I have to say, that yes I am happy that she won, not only because she is Dominican but also part of me loves that she is light skin. Why? well, because I am light skin from Santiago, and I am tired of people saying to me here in the US, "your not dominican, your too white"..........I hate that! why, because there are soooo many shades of Dominicans and most people here in the NY/NJ area don't see that.......Most people just associate D.R. with Samy Sosa and that is it, they forget Oscar De La Renta is from D.R. as well........I don't understand because most of my family that still live in Santiago are light skin and NO we are not rich. Anyway, just wanted to vent a little.......so hooray for Amelia, hooray for light skin Dominicans and most of all Hooray for Dominicans.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have deleted a bunch of posts.

Can you take your playground BS some other place. if you have a problem with someone, email or PM them. Don't post it all over the board and hijack threads.

Some of you need to start acting like adults.

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Robert said:
Can you take your playground BS some other place. if you have a problem with someone, email or PM them. Don't post it all over the board and hijack threads.

I have deleted your posts.

u r right. and i apologize to anybody that were offended by me.

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Amen

Forbeca said:
Again, what does a dominican look like? Don't you people get it? we come in all colors/sizes. I believe she represented all of us very well.

What Forbeca said!

JD

DCfred

Jun 19, 2003
Although I don't think she exactly represents the majority of Dominican women, it's still good for all that she won, so of course people will be happy

What is the typical Dominican woman? A Blanca? Someone with pelo malo? Negra? Mulata? The original Dominican woman, the indigenous, are long dead. Is like in Mexico. You see the novelas and you would think everyone was white with blue eyes. But you go there, you are more likely to see people of indigenous ancestry.