best moments of the pageant etc....

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I love pageants and this was a great one. I was thrilled for Miss DR. She is gorgeous! And for a young contestant she had great presence and responses on stage.

Ok...the funniest contestant for me was Miss Serbia-Montenegro. "I love the little kitties. I am a human girl and fire and water do not have emotions." Was she a ditz? Or what?

Miss Venezuela had the best figure by far, a gorgeous dress, great presence. What annoyed me was whenever she made it to the next round. She clasped her hands to her chest and acted like a queen. A little humility would have been nice. And we all know she had been carved like a Thanksgiving turkey.

The funniest moment?? Miss Venezuela--"I have no idea why you are saying I like extreme sports. I don't!"

Daisy Fuentes at least put some life into reading the teleprompt. Her cohost was an idiot, though.

Suzie Castillo was cute and perky. However, corkscrew curls are out, and if she could have done something different with her hair she may have made it farther.

Panama was a beautfiul setting, the people there had a lot of excitement. It was great to watch. The whole pageant moved at a good pace.

The worst part was the color of the bathing suits. That color is only flattering to certain skin types.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I like your take on this

I only watched a tiny bit and then the very end...

FYI, there are some hair types that you can only do so much with??? Dominican + Puerto Rican = "Pelo malo" ??

How about Amelia's response to the question?? "A letter to Grandma" is now famous...

HB

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
The best part was knowing that I had 75 other channels I could watch so I didn't even waste a min watching it.

What is so great about a contest in which pretenscious, anarexic, mind-dead Diva Wannbees parade out and are judge by 8 Nobodys?

Why is this so important. I see women everyday who are more attractive than Miss Universe. Not only here in Miami but in Santo Domingo as well.

BTW I read about the GrandMother Quote!!! DOes anybody really believe that crap?

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
HB,

In my opinion, everyone has to learn to deal with their hair. The girl has GORGEOUS hair. She just reminded me too much of the perky character on "Yes, dear." don't know if you have seen it....she was too cute. An elegant updo would have served her better.

The African contestants had sleek hair, but you know, I would have loved to see some big hair on them!!

Erick....
That was a big gaffe, but Miss Venezuela sailed on with a smile. I don't think it caused her loss, however. Miss South Africa tripped right off the bat and made it to the top 5.

Tony C--whatever is beautiful, noble and true is worth watching. This was at least 1 out of three.

aguamansa

Apr 28, 2003
What is so great about a contest in which pretenscious, anarexic, mind-dead Diva Wannbees parade out and are judge by 8 Nobodys?

BTW I read about the GrandMother Quote!!! DOes anybody really believe that crap?

I can't agree more with you. Does she represent the typical, Dominican woman? No! Who do they want to deceive? Most of us, or at least those with ties to DR know that we are mostly blacks, and mulatos. If they still want to send someone to represents us, she should really be a real representation of what we are; not a vane, superficial, little girl, daughter of a well-off family. Yes, the business about the "letter to grandma" is just a bunch of crap. Please, people should wake up and smell the coffee all of that is just a pantomine, she was not even suprised when she won. ? It was already set-up. Daddy probably paid a couple of thousands so his little girl could be the first to win the title. :bandit:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The DR Pagent directors did exactly what was needed to win!

They sent a contestant that could win!Although not what we would consider to be a "Typical Dominican Beauty" she is "Dominican",and a "Beauty"!Job well done! Will help the Dominican economy,and promote the DR around the World! Last years "Miss DR" was what I would call a beautiful Dominicana! See what that got us! "NADA"!Give the "Pagent" a "Cookie Cutter" Beauty Queen!She could have represented 90 % of the countries there! Cris Colon

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
aguamansa...

Do you think the other countries send their "typical" women to represent them?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Mainegirl: I thought the girl from the DR actually had one of the best bodies (better than Venezuela for sure)...Damm...Those rich dominican girls surely look good. A matter of preference I guess.

AZB: Can you hook me up with some of these rich dominicans? Hehehe...

I did think that was pretty funny about the Venezuelan girl's liking extreme sports and her answer about it. The question for the girl from Servia and Montenegro came from the girl from the DR. I thought that was actually a very good question to make someone else look stupid. I mean how can you answer "Would you like to be fire or water?" without sounding stupid? Pretty clever from the DR handlers I thought. Personally I liked the girl from Trinidad and Tobago in addition to the one from the DR.

Last edited:

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Hahhaaa suarezn. Yes, I suppose it was a good question to make someone else look stupid.

Unfortunately, Miss Serbia-Montenegro acted like she could be the punch line to every single blonde joke I have heard.

aguamansa

Apr 28, 2003
Tipical beauty representation

Some countries did. Trinidad & Tobago . Anyway, it is just crapola. She will do nothing for DR. It is just an illusion...a dream...a bad one!

:bandit: