Apartment hunting!!!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
This is the second step in my adventure...

I'm am now actively looking for an apartment to rent in Santo Domingo...

Jan has introduced me to Jay, who has a small apt. for rent on the Malecon, near Ave. Lincoln...

But I would like to have a few options...this is what I want:

1 bedroom, complete bath...kitchen, and a small living room...

May or may not be furnished...

Ideally right on the Malecon...or REALLY close by...My idea for going to DR is to be able to see the ocean from wherever I live...

Can someone recommend a good realtor in the Capital, or know of anyone who's renting something like this?

Thanks!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Your post means nothing if you don't give your "Price Range"!

Also most rentals require a local "Co-Signer",and 3 months deposit,and first months rent! Not cheap here my dear! Cris

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Thank you Criss...

I don't think I'll have a problem with the co-signer...

I have been looking on the internet regarding prices...

For what I'm looking for, I see they range anywhere from 8,000 to 18,000 $RD....furnished...

There is a very nice apt. on the Malec?n, a brand new bldg. furnished for 18,000...I don't need 2 bd. though, don't want any visitors for now!!!

I know about the deposit and first month's rent...Just like here!!!

Or have you forgotten already, Criss?

Anyway, I'm bugeted for 6 months...in the meantime I plan to start working right away, that's why I need to look for an apt. asap...After I start working I can't take the time to go looking much...

Thanks for the help, though!

carcoll

Mar 31, 2003
hey Musicqueen....

how did you get your job there? do you like it? what made you go? just curious...........

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Jan...my hero!!!

..introduced me to a D.J. for a local radio station, I talked to him a couple of times, and met him during my trip.

He took me around a couple of radio stations that due to my experience offered me jobs right away...

I think I'm gonna make it in DR!! If not, I'll have fun trying!!!

hborquez

Jun 6, 2003
we have an APT. for rent - on the MALECON

Hi - we have exactly what you are looking for. A brand new apartment right on the Malecon (read, ocean in your living room window and bedroom!) . I BEDROOM, with central air conditionning, full kitchenette, full bath, laundry facilities on the floor, elevators, and little shops on the first level - including dry cleaner, store etc., parking for one car (gated, with guard).

It is a brand new building called Villa Marbella - it is gorgeous, and full of foreigners. We are renting it unfurnished - you would be hte first occupant. We had hoped to sell, (if anyone is interested) but think it will go up significantly in value, oncfe people realize the value of living right on the ocean front.

Let me know if you are intersted. We are asking 600 USD.
Heather

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Thank you!

Heather...I e-mailed you my answer...

I would be interested in something like this...it would make all my dreams come true!

A job in radio and an apartment on the malec?n...in the Dominican Republic...VIVA LA BUENA VIDA!!

Barnabe

Dec 20, 2002
The malecon is overpriced and very noisy. Plus probably many corrosion problems inside the apartments on the run.

Probably much better deals in Gazcue within walking distance from the best part of the Malecon.

But maybe I'm wrong, only a personal opinion.

Barnab?