Bringing Gifts to our Dominican Hosts

agt10j

Jun 5, 2003
I am vactioning in Sosua for the next week and staying w/a friend who's family is Dominican. I want to bring a small gift but don't know what is appropriate/what would be appreciated most. Any suggestions?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
They like chocolate,"M&Ms" don't melt!

Flowers are always appreciated.Kids love toys.Guys love whiskey.Canned hams.Bailys Irish Cream.Ammaretto.Cris Colon

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
All as Chris says but also remember some medical supplies - plasters, cough mixtures *they are ALWAYS suffering from 'la gripe'!!), antiseptic wipes etc!!

Don't forget to try & get along to our reunion on Thursday 12th at the golf club in Playa Dorada - bring your friend & the family for a night out too!! We'd LOVE to see them - Grahame.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Some Cork and a Drill

agt10j said:
I am vactioning in Sosua for the next week and staying w/a friend who's family is Dominican. I want to bring a small gift but don't know what is appropriate/what would be appreciated most. Any suggestions?

For the team's bats.

And also hard to get American liqour, JW Black, etc., that at duty free is a bargain for you but at the colmado is a fortune or impossible to get.