Looks like the money is NOT coming in.......

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Go to:

http://www.elcaribe.com.do/periodico_impreso/cuerpos/intereses/economia/economia01.asp

The gist of the article is that no loans are forthcoming from either World Bank or Interamerican Delveopment Bank because the prerequisite for any loan is IMF approval. DR has never submitted application to IMF, who would dictate conditions to be met before granting approval.

Strange how this breaking news was not covered in Listin Diario.

So all these highly-publicized trips by DR officials to Washington for promised funds are just a big lie to pump up re-election support or what ?

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Now why would they want to publish that info when the gov't is running the newspaper???????

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
From now until election day

We better get used to "The Shock of The Day" news and planted news item of the day. Both the government and even those who oppose Hippo will be trying to catch the headlines with lies, trumped up news and real news with shock value to keep their hopes alive.

They are gambling that Dominicans have a short memory and that at worst, Dominicans will end up suffering from acute amnesia.

The greatest story tellers will be Hippo's PPH Reelection group. They will lie all the way to heaven, hoping we will forget what they said the next day.

Of course, Dominicans are stupid. Just like AZB said, there are people who have been fooled year after year with promises of jobs, land and vehicle tax exemptions, which never materialize, yet they keep campaigning for politicians until they end up at Cristo Rey Cemetery and their last request is a cemetery lot. (Sorry, for those who keep thinking I am not Dominican, ask again) Fortunately, I grew up among smart people.

TW

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Formosano2000 said:
Go to:
The gist of the article is that no loans are forthcoming from either World Bank or Interamerican Delveopment Bank because the prerequisite for any loan is IMF approval. DR has never submitted application to IMF, who would dictate conditions to be met before granting approval.

We should all celebrate the fact the this US$1+billion loan package did not go through.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Hey Erickxson

Show me where I called you stupid? Just because you are Dominican, doesn't mean I called you stupid. I never call people names(not even chopo).

I generalize, and if the shoe fits, so be it. If I go by your reaction, you called yourself stupid. I didn't.

However, I just think you want to have this thread closed, knowing full well that Criss has a quick trigger when things get a little personal. But I am not going to take your bait.

I did not call you stupid. Period.

TW