Ramada Resorts vs Hacienda Resort

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
I heard that Hacienda Resorts in Cofresi, after Ramada came to take over there was a turmoil.
This forum has always the latest news, so anyone knows more of the matter, is Ramada retiring, what's up with the Ocean World ?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi CaribbeanGeorge,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

I had heard that Ramada was taking over the management contract but nothing else.

Re: Ocean World go to http://debbiesdominicantravel.commu...ripts/topics.pl?NodeID=210734&ClientID=465064 and see my posting of yesterday entitled "Update - OCEAN WORLD - Cofresi, Puerto Plata".

Also the company is the same one, I believe, that operates the Dolphin Encounters park in Nassau, Bahamas. The respective websites are http://www.ocean-world.info/ for the D.R. and http://www.dolphinswims.com/ for the Bahamas.

Gregg

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
Ramada

There is a big difference beetween doing things right or just go with the flow. The perfect example of doing things by the book is the excellent results of the joint venture in beetween Hilton-Coral

My personal expercience is that Ramada-Hacienda enterprise is a total failure due to unexperieced persons involved in the operation of the hotel, it is a shame that in the hospitality area which the country is carving to get attention, is leaded by, again, unexperienced, untrained people who , by the time they are in the bussiness, claim to be good at what they do.
This is why the country is loosing so much flow of tourism.

The Timeshare Beat Home | Today's Headlines | Back to Previous Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hotel Hacienda Tropical to Become a Ramada Resort
First Ramada Hotel in Dominican Republic
Press Release: Marriott International, Inc.
March 21, 2003
BERLIN -- Ramada International Hotels & Resorts announced that the former Hotel Hacienda Tropical in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, will become the Ramada Hacienda Resort, Puerto Plata, under a franchise agreement with HK Consorciosa. This is the first Ramada International hotel in the Dominican Republic.

Puerto Plata is located on the island?s northern Atlantic coast. Guests can fly into the island via Puerto Plata?s airport or the airport in Santo Domingo, the country?s capital.

?We have been looking for opportunities to expand into the Caribbean and Latin America and this beautiful resort is the perfect addition to the Ramada International portfolio,? said Reas Kondraschow, senior vice president and managing director, Ramada International Hotels & Resorts.

The 246-room resort will operate on an all-inclusive plan. The Ramada Hacienda Resort features two outdoor pools, an amphitheater, disco, golf school, PADI diving school and tennis courts and the Playa Cofresi Beach, which offers several watersports. For dining and entertainment, the resort offers a buffet, Asian and steak & seafood restaurants; and lobby and pool bars.

Reservations can be made by calling any of Ramada International?s reservation numbers, calling the hotel directly, through a travel agent or through Ramada International?s web site, www.ramadainternational.com.

The Ramada Hacienda Resort will maintain Ramada International?s six pillars, which are: a restful sleep; an invigorating shower; a well-trained staff; an exceptional level of cleanliness; the ?Ramada Mornings Breakfast? ? a selection that is hot, delicious and easy; and a Spirit to Serve Our Communities with community partnerships, family services, associate involvement, and career opportunities.

There are currently 150 Ramada International hotels in 24 countries and territories.

MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL, INC. (NYSE:MAR) is a leading worldwide hospitality company with nearly 2,600 lodging properties in the United States and 66 other countries and territories. Marriott International operates and franchises hotels under the Marriott, JW Marriott, The Ritz-Carlton, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Courtyard, TownePlace Suites, Fairfield Inn, SpringHill Suites and Ramada International brand names; develops and operates vacation ownership resorts under the Marriott Vacation Club International, Horizons, The Ritz-Carlton Club and Marriott Grand Residence Club brands; operates Marriott Executive Apartments; provides furnished corporate housing through its Marriott ExecuStay division; and operates conference centers. The company is headquartered in Washington, D.C., has approximately 144,000 employees, and was ranked as the lodging industry's most admired company and one of the best places to work for by FORTUNE?. In fiscal year 2002, Marriott International reported systemwide sales of $19 billion. For more information or reservations, please visit the web site at www.marriott.com.

-------------------------------------------

Tel: (301) 380-7868
Fax: (301) 380-6855
E-mail: richard.oakes@marriott.com

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
Explanation/Aclaration

I may say that the observations I made regarding the hotel, was after the executive staff , leaded by the GM, left because the old organization of the hotel did not meet the standards od Ramada.
It is a shame.....