Transporting the dress - HELP!!

Miss UK

Jun 8, 2003
Dear all,

My friend has a problem shes getting married in D.R. She wants to know how can she get her dress there safely. Does anyone have any (sensible) ideas?

Thanx Miss UK.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Miss UK,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

I suggest you speak with the airline the bride will be flying on. Your friend is not the first to be wed in the D.R and the airlines MUST deal with this all the time.

Good luck.

Gregg

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I once flew over on a charter flight from the UK and noticed that a couple had packed the wedding dress in an ordinary cardboard box and put it in the luggage hold.

Chiri

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The easiest way may be to carry it on board.
Buena suerte y felicitaciones a sus amigos!
Regards,
Nelly

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
I carried my wedding dress on board from VA to LA. I do believe as the airlines like to know if you are going to carry it on so they can accomodate your dress. We had no problems.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
As a retired Bridal Consultant and still Bridal Shop owner.......

"Wud" has it right!
Ask the shop where the dress was purchased to pack it for travel (they should). How we pack them depends on the style or the dress - train length etc. but either bagged or boxed the gown is carried on and stored in the in-cabin closet available for such items.
DO NOT (I repeat -DO NOT) have it put in the cargo hold as it may not arrive.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations to your friend and Best Wishes to her!