'Size-friendly' resort....

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Are you interested in visiting "size-friendly" resorts?
Yes 33% 420 votes
No 53% 675 votes
Maybe 13% 167 votes
Total: 1262 votes

This is a survey from their site. I wouldn't want to go either. Would you?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
But you and I are not the "size friendly" type Jazz.

I can see how it appeals to some people, just like "Big & Tall".
I have never been 300lbs so I have no idea how that would effect my life.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
So you are not actually asking about Fattie Hotel, you are asking if anyone thinks ANY sort of niche place will work. Such as "Swingers" "Lesbian" "Gay""Senior Citizen" etc.?

I misread your post. Sorry

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Robert, not everyone in the world is a perfect bikini sized person and I'm sure that there are lots of people that have never been to a beach in fear of what smart ass people would say and think.

The 53 % in that survey that said they would not be interested in visiting such a resort are more than likely thinner people that don't have a clue of what it's like to be heavy.

I think this is a good idea for the DR if advertised in the right places.

And please Robert do delete smart ass comments from this thread .

My two cents.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I understand the need for a "size-friendly" resorts and think it's great idea.

My interest is more in what other niches could work and are applicable to the DR.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
A size friendly resort sounds like it would do well. To tell the truth the DR does not advertise as such but I have never heard too many complaints about larger people on the beach. Some cultures except bigger bodies. For example the Europeans prefer nude beaches and when in the DR wear as little a possible reguardless of age, size or shape. They appear to do this with confidence and without shame. I describe myself as "middle-aged" weight meaning, I am not fat fat but not anorexic either. I have always been comfortable at the beach in the DR.
I would like to see a resort that caters to the baby boomers,single or couples, but no children allowed. I like children but not when I am at a resort.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Robert said:
I would be very interested to hear other peoples opinions on what niche type resorts might work in the DR?

I don't know what might work here but here are some ideas - mainly from some things I saw in Florida:
- health resort offering say vegetarian/vegan, macrobiotic, low cal or other health type meals
- tennis (or other sport) resort
- nudist resort
- fancy dress - theme per day (Like the 'solve the murder' cruises that you get)
- lesbian/gay resort

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
with niche marketing you have to be sure that you are supplying something that will encourage people to come to RD. people that would never have considered travelling here before. otherwise you just end up with all the tourist $s staying behind the hotel compound gates, dollars that used to be spent in town.

take the "size-friendly" resort, for example. i would speculate that unless there is also a "size-friendly" airline connected with the hotel, anyone who stays there would have travelled anyway. but now they are in a AI type compound and less likely to spend their dollars outside. any time you isolate people into categories of lifestyle or appeance there is the tendancy to stay with "their own kind".

mob

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I think the "Rotund Resort" is a good idea!

When I was a much younger man,I "worried" about the "few" extra "tons" I was carrying when it came time to go to the beach! I was a much more "Vain" in those days than I am today,if that is possible!
Now,"What kind of "Niche Resorts" would work in the DR?
First I would suggest a "Gay/Lesbian/Trans-Gender/Pre-op- Transvestite Resort! We have had a number of Gay Men asking for information about such places on DR1.Many of this group are single "Professionals" with lots of disposable income."Las Vegas Nevada now has an "Ad Campaign" that says;"What Happens In Vegas,STAYS In Vegas!"The same could be said about this kind of resort.If you allowed the guests to bring in "Local Guests" with no problems,and no extra charge, that would be great.Since there are an inexhaustable number of Dominican men and women willing to fill the "Needs" of the guests,it would soon be an extremely popular place.(All "Local" guests would have to leave their "Cedula",and a monthly Negative Blood Test for "HIV" before being allowed to enter)
Since this is my idea,I would hope that whoever builds this "Gender Bender Resort" will hire me as Director of "Animation & Guests Services".I like Gays and Lesbians and would make everyone feel at home.No one would leave unfullfilled."Jazz" can buy the land,Barcelo can build the property,and "Cris Colon will make "Fantasy Island" the most popular resort in the WORLD! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC(This Is No Humbug!)

Barnabe

Dec 20, 2002
At the Dominican Consulate in Paris I saw an ad for a kasher resort in Sosua.

You may call that a niche resort.

When does the Russian Mafia resort open in DR?

Barnab?