A few comments on news of the day

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
This is a slow news day worldwide. Nothing happened yesterday late. Except for the burning of scattered Jewish settlements in no man's land as a negotiation trick, the closing to new patients of Lakeridge Health Center in Ontario(40 miles east of Torornto) due to a SARS quarantine and a soldier killed in Baghdad, there is nothing.

-But have you noticed that Canadian tourists in DR this year have dropped to almost double from last year? Obviously SARS has a lot to do with it.

-In today's papers I would recommend reading an apologetic full page ad paid for by the family of Vivian Lubrano del Castillo, the woman I nicknamed "The Mercedes Lady" in the BaninterGate case. Her family claims she is totally innocent and that she was as surprised as you and I about the Baninter Black Hole. In other words, as Figureo's top Vice-President and major business coordinator....(I'm sucking my finger)...she knew nothing!!! Her family also claims that the Casa De Campo Villa she built with a designer and architect, the fancy cars, and the luxury she lived in is the normal way "bank executives" live. That really comforts me and all of us who have money in DR banks. Please read this literary piece worthy of a Nobel in Listin Diario today.

-Hippo and his financial negotiators who went to see Bush and the Washington financial wizzards to seek help to plug the Baninter blackhole, stated today that they will not pursue the Free Trade Treaty(TLC) with Central America because it is not convenient to DR. Sorry Hippo, this is just your admission that Bush only gave you the light of the day. If you think the U.S. will formalize a one to one treaty with DR, you are as dumb as the burro who wants to put money on a casa financiera in DR.

-Hippo and his Pan American Games brass now favor reducing the tocket prices for events. WHOOOOPIE!!!! Why didn't they think about that before they stuck their foot in a Haitian latrine. You want my opinion?? I bet you these games will have to practicly be free to the public, with free transportation to even have a few fans watching. The athletes can only count on their families, friends and government employees that will be bused to fill in empty seats. Try bringing Shakira in...it will still be an empty house.

TW