Availability of Guitars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Two friends just arrived from UK to live in Cabarete - YES - the Brits are slowly taking over!!!
Both of them had their excellent guitars broken in transit by Brittania air!! Necks snapped and/or cracked.
They are looking to buy new ones here but not those awful cheap spanish/merengue ones. These guys have been playing semi pro for 20 odd years and are looking for decent acoustic guitars.
Anybody recommend where to start looking?
Peter & Alex

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
I would think that your friends would have to go to at least Santiago to find a quality guitar to buy. Hillbilly probably knows the location of a decent music store that carries something in acoustic above the Takamine cheapies. If not Santiago, then certainly Santo Domingo I would think.

Kiteman

Aug 25, 2002
In Santiago,

you can find decent Yamaha acoustics and electrics ( at reasonble prices) at Super Pola upstairs on the second floor, in the area where the radios and TV's are. They also have various tuners, strings, amps, etc. Not a huge variety, but sufficient. Another place is, believe it or not, Ferreteria Ochoa. They only have a few guitars and some odds and ends strings, etc., but might be worth checking it out. Hope this helps!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Good info Harley, I’ve heard of him myself.

Anyway......this 16 year old thread was reopened by a spammer, so I’m closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.