African Americans in DR???

Kbruce

Jun 12, 2003
www.geocities.com
Hello there-

I am a book editor in search of stories, and essays describing the experiences of African-Americans while traveling abroad. I personally would love to add a whole chapter on DR. Ive been reading these forums for quite some time now. So much great info!

I am especially interested in stories from first time international travelers, college students, and those who travel for business. Our goal is to collect a group of stories that will accurately reflect how African-Americans have experienced locations in DR and to create a useful tool for future travelers.

Id love to chat with anyone who might be interested.

-K. Bruce

travelingwhileblack@yahoo.com

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Kbruce...

Check out poster SamoraMachel's thread titled "African Americans in the DR" in the General Stuff forum. It sounds like what you're looking for.

Good luck!

-Indie

Last edited:

Josue Collado

Jul 31, 2003
home.attbi.com
Re: Kbruce...

Indie said:
Check out poster SamoraMachel's thread titled "African Americans in the DR" in the General Stuff forum. It sounds like what you're looking for.

Good luck!

-Indie
Free slaves from USA moved to the Samana Peninsula and if you talk to their gran children -many speak the old inglish-you'll be happy with so many stories. good luck!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Here are a few contacts

Contact the Spanish Department at Morehouse. They used to run a program through here every year. I am sure they can get you into touch with some of those kids. Great students...

If you e-mail me, I can give you two more contacts that have lived here for a while. One from Harvard Law and one from MIT...

HB

PS, you can see if Sally Robinson is still in the Peace Corps files. She was here 1962 1964...