Car purchase. Is now a good time?

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Not sure if this is more appropriate in the business forum, but this would be a "living" expense.

I realize a car is not a great place to invest in general, but if you need a set of wheels, wouldn't it make sense to take advantage now while the market is so depressed?

Any of you self-appointed financial gurus have any thoughts on this?

I wouldn't be ready to do this until August at the earliest, but a friend recently scored a truck that would have been out of his reach just a few short months ago and that got me thinking.

I'm not looking at buying new. I have a car in the states that I'm going to turn over next month, and I'll be looking to get something when I return here at the end of the summer.

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL TODAY..... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :cool:

javive

May 17, 2002
i think....

i saw some good deals on a lot of cars that a rental place is replacing their models for newer ones.. and theyre relatively cheap considering the fact that u might have a low bugdet...
by the way the car models are 2000 and 2001

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
The market will continue to on this down trend for a while. I don't see the decline of the peso stopping anytime soon. The DR is still borrowing money. That alone has to devalue the peso. Once the loans get here I'm sure the some of the loans will be misappriated, pocketed and wasted. So what is the return on the loan? Not enough to cover the interest that is for sure. Again that will continue the decline of the peso.

It's amazing that they tell the locals the US dollar keeps going up. The US dollar is getting more expensive. The US dollar is actually on a down trend. That is why the Euro is currently worth more than the US dollar.

So while the US dollar is on a down trend, the peso is just falling that much faster than the US dollar.

I love it when the government makes statements like, "I believe the value of the peso should be at 20 to 1 with the US dollar." Really, and where do you get that number? Because the people want to hear it?

Or the latest one, they are going to get the answer from Nicarauga on how to fix the declining peso. Come on. It is simple economics we are talking about not rocket science.