How far from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana?

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
A while ago I ran across a thread that mentioned something to this effect and I couldn't find it. Is there bus service from SD to PC and what hours do they run, length of time, approx. I need this answered for a friend going to AI in PC and wanting to visit capital. Also how much for Taxi. It seems on the map to be about a 2 hour drive and I imagine a taxi would cost around 50US one way. Any suggestions. Thank you for any advice given.
dale7(Howard)

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Re: thank you

dale7 said:
I will tell my friends, they should take a flight from PC to SDQ I would think.

That may be overly complex , expensive and difficult to arrange for the saving of a few hours Howie.

They'd have to fly to Herrera from PUJ if there are flights that work R/T - have them hire a GOOD car with driver in PUJ for a day rate (plus gas maybe) and leave in the early a.m. and come back late and they can spend a day for less than trying to arrange airline tickets on an internal flight.

Plus when you fly even if a 30 minute flight how much time is really required with check in and security etc., probably a couple of hours all told and they could be 1/2 way there.

Plus they can see the other cities and towns, Juan Dolio, Boca Chica etc., and such.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Thanks Rick

It is their fault they are staying at an AI in Punta Cana but they got a great deal on it and they aren't for wild partying. Middle aged couple who are neighbors(50's). I am just trying to help them out and I will relay the info back to them, what they do from there is up to them. Thanks to all who have helped.
dale7(Howard)

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
you can use bavaro express, it departs 2 times a day at 7 AM and 4 PM, 3 1/2 hours, like 170 pesos per ticket. Comfortable bus with TV, departs from Parque Enriquillo at Duarte. Also you can go there by bus via Higuey from S Domingo with 1 connection, buses depart every 20 min.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Papito_Chulo said:
departs from Parque Enriquillo at Duarte.

All the info is correct but the Bavaro Express is leaving somewhere on the Ave. Maximo Gomez.

oldhippy

Jul 22, 2002
It was my post you saw, and here is the excellent reply by pjt

You have a couple of options. There is the Santo Domingo to Bavaro bus (809) 686-0637 that leaves Sto Domingo from Juan Sanchez Ramirez #31 near Maximo Gomez, express direct to Bavaro/Punta Cana. The bus leaves at 7 am and 4 pm, the cost is about 130 Pesos.

Your other option is to go to Parque Enriquillo in the Capital and catch an hourly express bus to Higuey for about 80 Pesos and then take a local mini-bus (gua-gua) about 25 Pesos to Bavaro/Punta Cana.

Note: If you are traveling with baggage be advised the gua-guas from Higuey do not have stowage. What you have with you will have to be placed in you lap or you pay for the seat to stow it. Plus, the gua-guas are crowded. Better bet is a taxi from Higuey to Bavaro/Punta Cana that will cost about $300 Pesos. Regards, PJT