Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How far from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana?

A while ago I ran across a thread that mentioned something to this effect and I couldn't find it. Is there bus service from SD to PC and what hours do they run, length of time, approx. I need this answered for a friend going to AI in PC and wanting to visit capital. Also how much for Taxi. It seems on the map to be about a 2 hour drive and I imagine a taxi would cost around 50US one way. Any suggestions. Thank you for any advice given.
    dale7(Howard)

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default longer

4 hours, and around $100 US

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thank you

I will tell my friends, they should take a flight from PC to SDQ I would think.

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: thank you

Originally posted by dale7
    I will tell my friends, they should take a flight from PC to SDQ I would think.
    That may be overly complex , expensive and difficult to arrange for the saving of a few hours Howie.

They'd have to fly to Herrera from PUJ if there are flights that work R/T - have them hire a GOOD car with driver in PUJ for a day rate (plus gas maybe) and leave in the early a.m. and come back late and they can spend a day for less than trying to arrange airline tickets on an internal flight.

Plus when you fly even if a 30 minute flight how much time is really required with check in and security etc., probably a couple of hours all told and they could be 1/2 way there.

Plus they can see the other cities and towns, Juan Dolio, Boca Chica etc., and such.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Rick

It is their fault they are staying at an AI in Punta Cana but they got a great deal on it and they aren't for wild partying. Middle aged couple who are neighbors(50's). I am just trying to help them out and I will relay the info back to them, what they do from there is up to them. Thanks to all who have helped.
    dale7(Howard)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

i think that there charter flights from santo domingo herrera to punta cana by cariair or sap. and air santo domingo had 2 weekly flights to puj
    www.airsantodomingo.com.do

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry the charter airline called caribair s.a

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't most of the resorts in Punta Cana have a day trip bus to Zona Colonial? I see them alot here. It would be cheeper. They would be with a group and maybe feel safer if they are worried about that.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

you can use bavaro express, it departs 2 times a day at 7 AM and 4 PM, 3 1/2 hours, like 170 pesos per ticket. Comfortable bus with TV, departs from Parque Enriquillo at Duarte. Also you can go there by bus via Higuey from S Domingo with 1 connection, buses depart every 20 min.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks all, Papito Chulo

I have relayed all the information and it is up to them now. Thanks for all your assistance.
    dale7(Howard)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast