Not to be mistaken for drugs...

A

albone

We are looking forward to our vacation in the DR this May. I have been taking a supplemental muscle builder called CREATINE as part of a new body building program. It is a white powder that I purchase over the counter at GNC. My wife is concerned that it may be mistaken for cocaine at the airtport if I take it with me on our vacation. Should we be concerned about this?

Can we take over the counter medicine, vitamins and prescription drugs to the DR? We may sound paranoid or overly cautious, but we have never been to the DR and we don't want to assume anything in a foreign country.

N

NewT

Just tell the customs agents it is the special potion used by Mark McGwire to defeat Samuel Sosa, that should get you special treatment.

T

Tom

I would check with a Dominican Doctor or law enforcement to see if this is yet to be classified as a Steroid, and if so, is it legal to posess. It suse is banned in the NFL, NBA, Olympics. I'm not sure about Hockey, but Baseball seems to be the only sport "looking the other way," could it be to appease "Big Mac?"

Sammy S put on 15-20# of muscle the old fashioned way, in the gym.

Tom

B

Burmell

I know that they have such stores, GNC, in the DR. Why not wait and purchase it there then wiat and see what happens when you try to take it back into the United States? They probably will be more acceptaive of Big Mac at any rate.

K

KEITHNY

I think there are GNC stores in DR.If your trip is a short stay maybe you can try the tablets instead of the powder.

J

JC

Regardless of you taking the stuff with you or buying it there, I advise caution against using it in public view. I saw a guy yesterday at the gym doing that "powder thing" and believe me when I say that it could give the wrong impression to the wrong people. If your spanish is not fluent you may find yourself in a pretty confusing situation before you get a chance to explain anything.