a sosua travel question

monaco09

Jun 4, 2003
I have looked through many travel reviews but cannot quite figure this one out. I would like to travel with the wife to Sosua. As she is pregnant I'm going to put her up in an all-inclusive style place.

The question becomes what is a good one that is close enough to the town of Sosua that one can walk around. I'm trying to avoid a car rental everyday just to get away from the resort.

Any thoughts? I am considering the Sosua Bay Hotel. Sound like a decent choice? Thanks!!!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Casa Marina and Casa Marina Reef are further away than the one you mentioned which has the best location in town and is a little upscale from the Casa's. So unless it is money which is the main object, the Sosua Bay Hotel is the nicer choice of the two in my opinion. I think it is a bit more money but you need to decide that one.

Scott

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
jazzcom is right, Sosua Bay Hotel is closer to town than is Casa Marina Reef/Beach. Also it is much newer and a bit more luxurious. Think of the Casa Marina hotels as 3 star and Sosua Bay as 4.

One possible consideration for you is that there are more steps to climb in Sosua Bay Hotel, although many of them can ve avoided by using the elevators.

Enjoy your vacation.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I didn't find the steps a problem and I have a bad knee!!

In fact much of our stay at the Sosua Bay Hotel (compliments of the DR1 -100,000th post contest) was actually spent in the town of Sosua. Just walk out the front door and there you are - in the town!!
The food was excellant, the room more than adequate (downright comfy!) and the staff incredible! We'll definitely be going back our next trip down and I highly recommend the resort to anyone planning on a stay in Sosua!
Feel free to PM me if you'd like more info..........

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
rafael said:
Quick question was that the 100,000th post overall, or just YOUR 100,000th? ;-)

HA! Funny........You still gotta recognize how long she's been posting on the site

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Counter beneath my tag says I've got 1921 posts-

ok now 1922........
There's a lot of posters here with mucho more than that!
It was for the 100,000 overall post...........