Hotel Duque de Wellington

Orlando

Feb 28, 2003
Does anyone have informations on this place? Is it a safe place to stay???? I like the central location.

Last edited by a moderator:

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
hotel

I've heard of it thru an organization called TSM, a single travel club. Meant to stay there my last trip in Jan. Did'nt find it fast enough (short attention span). It's smack dab in the middle of the Colonial Zone. User friendly, safe, and yes there are guys looking for guys. In a quiet way. Nothing aggresive. Management has been rated excellent and the premises are safe, guarded, and attractive.

hpbob

Feb 2, 2003
Duque de Wellington is a fine place to stay

I stayed at the Hotel Duque de Wellington for a week this past February and found the hotel to be a very friendly place with courteous and helpful staff. The rooms are decent and clean, the running water was pretty dependable, and the other guests in the hotel were good company. The location is great, just a short walk to the Zona Colonial and the Malecon. The rates are reasonable. I am planning to stay there again when I return to Santo Domingo.:cool:

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
rafael

This hotel is not in the Colinial Zone. It is in Gazcue. Right across from the Casona Dorada, and next to a new restaurant called La Bodega Havana Viejo?

They have their fair share of gay tourists and gay sankies, but the hotel is decent and good location. I stayed there once when I got into SD at around 11:00 PM and tried 7 hotels for rooms and all were booked.

I'd stay again if I needed a decent room at a decent price, but prefer the Casona Dorada across the street. the rooms are nicer at The Duque De Wellington but Casona Dorada has a pool, dry cleaning, restaurant and even a small disco.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Why are we talking about hotels in this forum? I'm going to remove two words from original post which I'm sure is why it was sent here and move it to general.

Thanks

chiman0624

Jul 15, 2003
I have stayed there before and plan to spend the Christmas holidays there. The family atmosphere is great and the staff is extremely accomodating. Emilio, the owner, is a class gentleman
and I can't wait to get there.