playa Colibri resort

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Has anyone stayed at the Playa Colibri Resort in Las Terrenas that can give me an overview of their experience or anything else positive or negative about the area. I've stayed in Las Galeras area and really enjoyed it but we are bring 2 teenagers thid time and want a little larger town but still like a less developed area than around Puerta Plata. Good food, clean rooms, and a relaxing atmoshere are all we need. I've also noticed that a few hotels there are closed according to the web, what up.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Come on down, Colibri is good value. Once organized a family reunion and we took about six of the apartments. Lovely hotel, but it is at the far end of Las Terrenas (which is a plus because the beach is very private). They have a small restaurant in front, but the beach strip with all the restaurants is about a half an hour walk away. Best if you rent a small jeep (it's a sand road). See our sponsor, National at http://www.dr1.com/national

CANUCK2

May 24, 2002
Playa Colibri

We have stayed at Playa Colibri on a couple of occasions last year. Everthing you're hoping for is exactly what we found. Lots of restaurants along the beach. The crab was excellent!