The shocking events continue

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
-There are reports right now that the Teflon Luis Alvarez Renta, El hombre del Maletin is on his way to being detained or arrested by DA Aristy Caraballo. It seems that Maletin made a fool of the authorities by taking a hunting trip to Argentina while the whole Baninter mess just gets worse. By the way, did anybody miss Malkum*s reply to the priviledge he gave Guaroa Liranzo by returning all his Baninter cash? He said "Well, he has not cashed it yet"

-Because of the uproar about the ticket prices for the Pan Am games, Hippo has ordered "Dr.Puedo" to reduce prices. The prices were reduced as much as I predicted(I predicted they would finally have to give them away, including free transportation). Well, now you will be able to see games for only $20 pesos!!!! You could even see all the baseball games in a package for $60 pesos. You might even buy a ticket for the entire event, including the opening for almost peanuts. I stick to my prediction. No matter how low they set them, you will be able to find tickets in sewers. You might even step on tickets as you walk down the streets.

-Hippo has instructed Dr. Puedo(yes I can) to organize inaugurations for every building at the Pan Am games as they are finished "one by one". In other words, Hippo wants photo opportunities and "a good news a day keeps Leonel away". Watch for an inauguration which will take place this week or next week for an event that will not take place until August!!!

-Hippo not only gave away the Pan Am athlete village apartment business to a Spanish outfit by letting them build the apartments on donated land, but also gave them $3 million as matching fund. Now the Spanish outfit is already selling these apartments at a huge profit, which will be paid by us, the taxpayers. The apartments were built in excess of the international specifications
since the whole idea was profit and graft.

-Baninter is in such bad shape, that in most branches there is only one teller available, a person at the official desk, the watchman and a new 9am to 3:30pm hourly schedule. I went to pay my credit card and they were shocked to see a customer walking in!!! RNN News is mostly showing taped programs. They even showed a "borrowed" filmstrip about an "exciting" off shore oil well construction!!! How is Malkum going to cover the Baninter hole with skeleton assets?

-Hippo is using the police as a reelection campaign prop. He has ordered his police chief to increase social programs, such as giving away mattresses and baby cribs and making speeches mentioning Hippos name time and time again. But this has gotten even more shameful. They are using AMET as the bad boys, since Candelier is not a Hippo man and forcing them to absorb all the bad news to protect his politically inclined police chief. Have you seen how quiet our military brass has kept about the 70 generals that were getting "lambon" salaries from baninter?

TW

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
All the government workers are "forced and intimated" to support hippo. They have been directed to donate off-time to attend meeting and organize rallies for the up-coming elections. Many Employees are given time off to organize campaign strageties in their local areas. My fat lambon friend is hardly doing any office work, instead he is always attending meetings and preparing a group of people to carry out as planned.
There will be parties for collage students and free booze, along with hippo T-shorts and caps given out. free transportation for beach trips for the young crowd and free money for food and booze. All this is being planned to promote hippo.
Free concerts in chopo neighborhoods and caravans with loud music is all being arranged.
If any government worker refuses to promote PRD, he/she is being threatened with pay cuts, demotions or even possible job loss.
Everyone has to promote Hippo regardless of their preferences.
Since I have refused to participate in promoting PRD, I have been kicked out of all the fun activities. In fact my friend doesn't even call me anymore. He is disgusted with me and can't seem to understand why I am opposing PRD.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
It is business as usual

We are seeing the normal election year tactics. Recent events make them even more inappropriate but it's not fair to read much more into it than that.

So-called "elites" are, in my view, as vulnerable to the vote-buying as anyone else. Substitute no-show jobs and infrastructure improvements on or near private assets for 'platos de arroz con habichuelas y pollo guisado con grandes bien frias y cuba libres' and you see the full picture.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
It is now confirmed

Luis Alvarez Renta is now under custody at Palacio De Justicia by order of District Attorney Aristy Caraballo and he will now be interrogated fully to include documents he presented in English, which now, according to the Attorney General are translated into Spanish.(They used the translation excuse to delay the arrest, but in reality they did not want to do this because Alvarez knows too much. Public pressure was too much).

However, I would not hold my breath waiting for him to stay in jail too long, since the judge handling this case has been accused of graft taking and is under investigation himself and Alvarez lawyers may seek legal recourses to get free on bail, or some other means using the judges weak link.

In addition, Alvarez can now put pressure on the government to have Guaroa Liranzo arrested in his counter-attack for being a major actor in this fraud, but Guaraguao is the man who has Hippo in his pocket and he owns everyone(except Peynado, Quique and his group) in the Reformist Party and is expected to play a major part in delivering the party to Hippo in the elections. However this is better said than done. The party faithful will vote their conscience, since Guaroa only dominates the central committee(a bunch of lambones) with his "maletin".

This is turning real interesting now. Now we have a ballgame!!!

TW

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
I should not have been surprised at Listin's slanted reporting today

They described his excellency as "the brains of the operation."

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Haitian connections?

I received an e-mail with the following piece, by a Haitian writer:

"Information is slow to come out about the relationship between President
Aristide, Ramon Baez Figueroa - the jailed head of Baininter - and Luis
Alvarez Renta - the Dominican ambassador to France who was recently fired
because of his involvement in the scandal.

"Yet, it is known in Dominican and Haitian business circles that Luis
Alavarez Renta, as a personal friend to President Hipolito Mejia and a
number of big businessmen in the DR, was the "broker" of choice when
these businessmen wanted to to do business in Haiti. The formula was
simple: offer a small percentage of the equity to Aristide and to one or two
key people, like Minister of Finance Faubert Gustave or ambassador Guy
Alexandre ... and a deal will be struck. Once the initial terms of the deal
were agreed upon, it was then passed to Aristide's wife to make sure that
the legal arrangements would pass muster.

"Grupo M's unprecedented deal to build a free-trade zone in the Maribahoux
plain in Haiti, when the Haitian government in its history had always
rejected all such proposals by Haitian business groups of any political stripe, can also be attributed to Alvarez Renta's crafty dealings with Aristide. While the leaders of the Haitian trade group ADIH (Marie-Claude Bayard and Jean-Edouard Baker) initially opposed the deal, their mysterious turnaround can only be explained by the cold, hard cash that__Grupo M rained on them. Corruption is not
just in the public sector, folks!

"Le Monde, one o f the leading newspapers in France, revealed in its May 17
issue that the Quai d'Orsay (French Ministry of Foreign Affairs) delayed
granting Alavarez Renta his diplomatic accreditation because of the
difficulties in ascertaining the source of his wealth: private jets (which
were at Aristide's disposal), a yacht, etc. They also had issues with his
business dealings with a foreign head of state, i.e. Aristide.

"Finally, be it known that President Aristide's trip to Monterrey, Mexico was
entirely financed by Baez Figueroa himself. There is probably nothing
wrong with that ... unless Aristide agreed to give Baez Figueroa and his
cronies something in return. Could that be possible?"

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Chiri

You are absolutely right about all the goings on with "the hunter" and "the witchman". They are birds of the same feather. The Argentinian Hunter is known as "The Great Negotiator" because almost every major financial deal in DR has had his stamp.

He is responsible for our high telephone rates. He managed to get the sweetheart deal that gave Codetel right to charge whatever they feel like, without interference from the useless office of Indotel, which stands for "Inefficient Dormant Telecommunications". During the passing of the Communications Bill, "El Hombre Del Maletin" spread his wealth thru our congress and now we are paying the highest rates ever. While at it, he was arrested for carrying a loaded illegal gun!!!!

TW

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
hear this, hear this

-There is a leak coming out of the C------ Bank in the form of a bank statement, legitimate or not, showing that Baez Figureo*s lawyer Vin Castillo, the same lawyer who last week blasted the government for giving close to $1,000,000,000 to Guaraguao Liranzo from Baninters frozen assets, had received himself three unsecured Figureo loans exceeding $5,000,000 and the loans have not been paid!!! Where is this mess going to stop? The person being used as the leaking agent is none other than ex-senator Abigail Soto, Fello*s Subervi*s mouthpiece.

-Our glorious Chief of The Navy, Vice-Admiral Euripides Peguero made this statement to the press and TV..."I dont understand why Dominicans become boat people and risk their lives in the sea trying to reach Puerto Rico, but what I do know is that they dont do it for economic reasons. There must be another reason, but it is definetly not economic"

Now if this is not a joke, I dont know a joke if I see one. Another thing...I would like to recommend to our military academies to conduct public speaking courses for our career officers. I have mentioned this before, but it is getting worse. If you hear this Admiral, the Major General in Charge of Civil Defense, the one in charge of the Pan Am Games, the P.R. men for the police, the Chief of the Army and other top officers, you would think they graduated from Gurabo High School. Their diction is purely campesino and really backward.

-For those who like history and how it repeats itself, here is a list of top cabinet officers for the PRD government in 1984, the same year of the riots against the IMF solution and financial chaos in DR caused by the disastrous presidency of ex-con man Salvador Jorge Blanco:

Secretary of the State, Hatuey De Camps
Technical Secretary of State, Ramon Alburquerque
Presidential Legal Counsel, Emmanuel Esquea Guerrero
Secretary of Finance, Rafael Flores Estrella

These are the same people who today oppose the disastrous government of Hippo, the five star cap man. This goes to show you that no matter who runs the government, if it is the PRD we always end up in the hands of the IMF. All four of these guys are presidential candidates for the PRD and oppose ree-lection by Hippo and are against the IMF solution.

-Ernesto Perez Cuevas, National Budget Director stated this today in response to wether the nation can handle the IMF solution of reducing government spending...."This is a patronage type country and it will never change. Political patronage cannot be stopped in DR. It is a way of life and we cannot do anything about it" Now how in the world are we going to get out of this mess with officials this stupid???

-Jacinto Peynado had major surgery in the USA and some had even indicated he was in critical condition. Word has it that he is OK, but I would not be surprised if this finally kills the chances for the Reformist Party.

-What I had predicted weeks ago that all major defendants in jail in the BaninterGate were going to claim they have major medical problems and should be considered for their release is now official: The lady is in the hospital(Mrs. Lubrano), The Alvarez Renta family just requested a cardiologist to keep a watch on "The Hunter" because he has a bad heart condition, and Baez Figureo requested his heart condition drugs and insists he is very weak from high blood pressure. OK? OK!!!

-For those who have not seen Leonel Fernandez*s new TV ad for the presidency, this is a must. He looks like the Godfather walking into a hallway, followed by secret agents that look like 007s with dark sunglasses, announcing "here comes the president!!! Leonel, do yourself a favor...you are doing fine in the polls...pull out this ad before it blows up in your face.

Father Rogelio Cruz, the rebel Catholic busy buddy priest who looks like a hippie from the 60s without his mandatory priest attire was just leading a demonstration against the IMF where he chained himself, he claims he was also requested as negotiator in the kidnapping of the kids, he was in various TV programs today. My suggestion to Father Rogelio...better yet Hippie Rogelio is to go and take care of your parish in Cristo rey, put on a priest robe, look like areal priest and respect the Cardinal, who is the real boss of the church and leave the theatrics to Eligio Jaquez.....Who said today..."We live in the Era of Prosperity under Hipolito Mejia" HOHOHOHOHOHO!!!!!!!

P.S. Hippie Father Rogelio Cruz could make the Guinness Book of Records as being the first priest in history who opens up two parishes at the same time. Remember he opened up a branch of his church in San Pedro de Macoris.

TW