Moving to DR Living & Working

Nick9757

Dec 27, 2002
Hi

I am seriously consideing moving to the DR. I currently live in the NYC area of the USA. I have two round trip tickets to the DR. I have a female friend who is Dominican, she misses her country a lot, her family is there. I know I have to get a passport for myself. What else to I have to do. I am 45 and want to would be seeking employment. My friend is very homesick...we have talked about this at length. Please email back to Nick9757@hotmail.com regarding what I have to do to live and work in the DR. I am a US citizen. Speak English, Greek and Spanish a bit.

RSAP

Regards

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Read the other posts and learn the language and ...

prepare to eat a lot of fruit since you won't make a dime.

Have a nice visit and then go home which is the best advice. Watch for seat sales and the 2 of you can visit via JFK or Newark frequently. You can make do with a birth certificate and picture ID to enter the DR but a passport is recommended.

Some other yokel is pining about the very same thing in the current forum posts so read that and learn a bit.

Nick9757

Dec 27, 2002
Living & Working in DR

I have twoo tickets round trip to Santo Domingo, paid. My friend is pinnining to go back to her country. She misses her mom and dad. What do I have to do to stay there. I can get passport.
Email back. She is my best friend. I have a good resume. She told me there are plenty of jobs in the DR
Nick9757@hotmail.com

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Your friend has no idea what she is talking about.

I suggest you read this website and message board. Yes, this will take you a few hours. Then come back when you have some knowledge of how the DR works, functions etc.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Nick9757 said:
I have twoo tickets round trip to Santo Domingo, paid. My friend is pinnining to go back to her country. She misses her mom and dad. What do I have to do to stay there. I can get passport.
Email back. She is my best friend. I have a good resume. She told me there are plenty of jobs in the DR
Nick9757@hotmail.com

All Dominican women miss their parents, which is one reason why the recommendation on this board is to those planning to marry a Dominican girl that they either plan to live in the DR at least part of the year or be prepared for horrendous phone bills.

Of course she is telling you there are plenty of jobs available. Anything to get back here to her family.

I don't know what you think your relationship is to this girl, other than you call her your best friend, but whatever it is, it is in second place behind her family.