Drivers license

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Hey guys,

Can anyone suggest how to get a Dominican drivers license issued in Santiago?

I already have a US drivers license, I just need a DR one. (I'd rather do it myself than pay a lawyer).

Thanks!

Adrian

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You do not need a lawyer.

If you have a US drivers license then you will need to start from the beginning, learners permit, driving test etc. A real pain in my opinion!

Now, if you had a British license (may apply to other nationalities), all you need is a letter of authenticity from the Embassy. You take this to SEREX, they stamp it, you then take this along to the center that issues the licenses, take an eye test and blood group test, pay your fees and they give you a DR license.

The letter from the British Embassy is so official looking they thought I was a diplomat, I was in and out of the license center in 1.5hrs :)

Also, the message board has some good threads on this topic.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
First you omited whether you are a legal resident,if you are not forget about getting a drivers licence,if you are yiou can pick up the forms pay the fees get the tests and pass them get a blood test all for about 7/8oo rd or you can pay 2500 pesos if you know the right person aND GO PICK YOUR LICENCE UP WITH EVERYTHING DONE FOR YOU INCLUDING BLOOD TEST THAT WAS MY PREFERED WAY
j.h.:bandit: