Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Cheating Women Catching Up with Men?
Wed June 18, 2003 08:24 AM ET
BERLIN (Reuters) - The modern Western woman is now almost as likely to cheat on her partner as a man, according to a new survey carried out for a German women's magazine.
In an online survey of 1,427 men and women aged between 25 and 35 by the Hamburg-based GEWIS institute for social research for "Woman" magazine, 53 percent of women said they had been unfaithful to their partner, compared with 59 percent of men.

"In recent years, numbers of unfaithful men and women have evened out a lot," GEWIS head Werner Habermehl told Reuters on Tuesday.

The survey revealed that non-sexual desires, such as the need for reassurance and understanding, were a primary motive among women for infidelity.

Habermehl said demographic factors were also behind the change in attitudes but more liberal attitudes to sex, greater knowledge about contraception, and more freedom for women had made having affairs less taboo than ever before.

As the frequency of cheating rose, the gap between the sexes was reduced, and eventually reversed.

Some 17 percent of woman said they had cheated two or three times, as against 22 percent of men. But when it came to having cheated four or five times in the course of a relationship, women moved ahead of men with eight percent against four.

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
Chris said:
Cheating Women Catching Up with Men?
The survey revealed that non-sexual desires, such as the need for reassurance and understanding, were a primary motive among women for infidelity.

OK, one time I won some free tickets on the radio (it was the now-defunct "Lunes Latinos" program on the local public radio station where I think I was the sole listener. They offered the tickets to the 3rd caller and I was caller #1, 2 and 3). So anyway I had these 2 tickets to see Jose Feliciano in concert and instead of taking my wife, who despises all things spanish, including the fact that I can speak it, sort of, I invited one of the mexican ladies who empty the trash in the office where I work. She enjoyed the show. I enjoyed the show. We didn't kiss, hold hands or even longingly gaze into each other's eyes. I picked her up. We went to the show. I took her home. Just like I would take one of my buddies to a soccer game at St Louis University.
Geez, did I cheat?
Of course the obvious question 'Did you tell your wife?' No way.

Saint Louis Mike
(scratches his head)

Last edited:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
This is interesting...

Finally, we're able to get away from politics, etc...

Ok...I don't consider this cheating...but here's what happened to me once...

I was dating this Venezuelan guy for about 4 months, when all of a sudden...he dissappeared! I couldn't get in touch with him, and his friends wouldn't tell me where he was...

(I later found out that he had gone back to Venezuela to see his new baby girl that had been born during the time he was dating me!!!)

Anyway, after 3 weeks of not knowing anything...I meet this guy and accept his dinner invitation...

We started seeing each other quite frequently after that, until one day the other one shows up!!! He went nuts saying how I was cheating on him :laugh: !!!

Apparently, these two guys lived in the same complex, and knew each other from the gym...they started talking and my name came up!

Of course, I stopped seeing them both!!!

But that's not cheating, right?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think this will be a very interesting thread but we need to put some DR content into it before the other boss reads this. ;)

I know it's hard to put a DR content in every single thread in this forum.
Let's see. Chris started this thread and she lives in the Dominican Republic. That will hold it for a while.

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
DR content

If my wife ever finds out that I went to a concert with a spanish-speaking lady, I will have to move to the DR.
And just in case anyone should wonder, both times I went to Santiago and surrounding area by myself, I have been on my absolute best behavior. I didn't even flirt. I didn't even get what you call drunk until the very last night. This I say to my shame. Next time I must try harder :)

SLM

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Re: DR content

st louis mike said:
If my wife ever finds out that I went to a concert with a spanish-speaking lady, I will have to move to the DR.
And just in case anyone should wonder, both times I went to Santiago and surrounding area by myself, I have been on my absolute best behavior. I didn't even flirt. I didn't even get what you call drunk until the very last night. This I say to my shame. Next time I must try harder :)

SLM

There is the DR conection. CYA CYA lol

Lina

ILLPrincessa

Jun 18, 2003
Re: This is interesting...

Well.........
Musicqueen said:
Finally, we're able to get away from politics, etc...

Ok...I don't consider this cheating...but here's what happened to me once...

I was dating this Venezuelan guy for about 4 months, when all of a sudden...he dissappeared! I couldn't get in touch with him, and his friends wouldn't tell me where he was...

(I later found out that he had gone back to Venezuela to see his new baby girl that had been born during the time he was dating me!!!)

Anyway, after 3 weeks of not knowing anything...I meet this guy and accept his dinner invitation...

We started seeing each other quite frequently after that, until one day the other one shows up!!! He went nuts saying how I was cheating on him :laugh: !!!

Apparently, these two guys lived in the same complex, and knew each other from the gym...they started talking and my name came up!

Of course, I stopped seeing them both!!!

But that's not cheating, right?

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"St.Lous Mike",you are the "Smartest Guy "on DR1,with the fewest posts!

Next time you are in Santo Domingo please call me.I will make sure that you cheat on your wife! And it won't be by going to a concert!!! Cris

I just read my post! I am not gay! You will cheat with a woman!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
When it comes to cheating, married men are the worst. They are so desperate that they pick up the first broken tooth street hooker that they come across. These guys act as though they have come out of the prison on a day's pass.
I have yet to meet a married man who didn't cheat or didn't have the desires to cheat (only didn't have the opportunity or the right time). I am talking of the married men who came to visit me and stayed with me in santiago.
On the other hand, most dominican women that come in to contact with tourists, always cheat. Please note, the ones who come in contact with tourists (as opposed to all the dominican women)....they all seem to have a full time boyfriend somewhere.
So if you gringos have found a girl from a resort or met her in a bar, guess who is rocking your boat when you are back home sending her money and making daily phone calls. You guessed it, she most likely has a dom boyfriend (chulo) or she is doing the wild thing with other foreigners.

GypsyGRL

Apr 26, 2003
Some DR content

Anna Coniglio said:
I think this will be a very interesting thread but we need to put some DR content into it before the other boss reads this. ;)

I am the forever faithful girl! I cheated on my boyfriend with a Dominican! (surprise! surprise!):cool:

I went on my first "real" vacation with a girl friend, much to my boyfriends dismay! My reponse was "It'll will only bring us closer together, honey!" Boy, was I wrong!

I dreaded the plane landing in Canada and my boyfriend waiting at the gate for me! I broke up with him less than a week after arriving home!

I don't know if it was the sight of his pasty white butt!?? or the fear of calling out the wrong name at an inopportune moment:nervous: !he!he!

BTW, this was my first time cheating!! and I did not go to the DR looking for a piece of the action!!;)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
DR Content

Anna Coniglio said:

Let's see. Chris started this thread and she lives in the Dominican Republic. That will hold it for a while.

Another try at DR content - I guess a good one would be who has cheated inside or outside the DR?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I've never cheated in fact - but I've often cheated in my mind. I think that is understandable and forgivable. How men remain 'non-cheatin' in this climate of continual easy sex on offer, is beyond me.

arenas809

May 22, 2002
most guys won't admit they're a cheater, especially to another woman....interested or not...

it's just like a girl who tells you she's a virgin, even though she's not...

it's a image thing...

so when a guy says oh I've never cheated...

some are telling the truth...

some are just trying to say the thing that wants to be heard...

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
You got it Chris, just keep in the brain. As hammered as I've been in some of the places I've been, never "went for it". Go out, drink a few, flirt a little, go home.

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Experiences

Good Topic.

I have found that Dominican Women (in the US) are apt to
cheat. Sometimes they tell you that there is no one else, but
fail to mention the guy they are living with. However, it is not
just Dominican women. Peruvians, Mexicans, Hondurans,
the list goes on of women eager to fall under my spell.
Jaja.
My wife tells me stories all the time of cheaters. Most times
they get caught.

Currently on probation,

JD

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Anna Coniglio said:

Anna,

I am resisting all temptation of being sucked into this one!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.