What Wud wud do and Golo too

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Problem with this is that the guy will have more problems than he will want to deal with. Minimum he will be DRAGGED before a Grand Jury, maximum he may face Murder charges. I understand the rage but I also have been similar BS after being robbed. It just aint worth it.

monaco09

Jun 4, 2003
This guy is screwed as he should be. I look forward to hearing him spending thousands on lawyers just to go to jail anyway.

A complete idiot.

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
I saw this a couple of days ago

and thought of an excuse if it were me;

Officer, I ran the stop sign, yes I did, but I was not drinking (yea right) . Here's my PBA (get outta jail free) badge. I wonder if my insurance company is going to cover this!? I flipped and totaled my land rover 2 years ago, this is not going to go over big either.;)

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
just recently, in the u.k., a farmer, tony martin, shot and killed one burglar and shot and injured another in his home, when he caught them in the act.
he was sent to prison for manslaughter. the burglar who survived is now about to sue the farmer for 'post traumatic stress'.

i think i understand the heat of the moment reactions, but killing is going too far.

the man who used to be in the 'pica pica' advertisements on the television (pica pica is/was a fabric shop on mella avenue), wasn't he shot in one of those heat of the moment situations?
i believe he hit someone while driving his vehicle, he tried to flee from the scene, but someone chased after him. when he refused to stop, the chaser shot and killed him.........shame really. some of those pica pica adverts were quite funny.

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
Maybee their should be more rights for victims and less for the people who assualt them. Lil Sam

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The guy in the "Hummer" will not face charges!

He should become a "spokesman" for "Hummer",and the foto of the crushed car with the "Hummer" on top should be used in their TV ads!!!!!!He is a HERO!Cris Colon:cool:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
bochinche : I heard about that a few months ago. - The system in England as in several other countries sucks. The farmer should have been given a medal and the scumbag jailed for 20 years. People should consider all these things before voting for these people.

BTW I agree with CC 100% I wanna see that TV comercial. Maybe he could do it again if the guys survive but this time live for the cameras. LOL

(Edited by Timex)

Last edited by a moderator:

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
You break into my house, don't expect to leave alive. I'm tired of hearing about victims rights. They have the right not to rob and steal. When they give that up, all bets are off.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
interesting story

Will he face criminal charges? You betcha

Will he get convicted? Not if he has a good lawyer and a decent jury. Maybe a good Lawyer could at least bargain it down to reckless endangerment and aviod a trail and jail time.

Do I like what he did? Are you kidding? I love it!

Larry

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"You break into my house, don't expect to leave alive. " Gringo in DR

Lets not be so barbarious and give the man a chance to rehabilitate himself. But I do say: lets cut off his hand for stealing but please put it on Pay-per-view TV. I bet this will be a sold out event every time. lets put murderer in human sized microwave ovens. Lets say, if he has killed 3 persons, lets cook him for 3 minutes on hi-power. How about that for a pay-per-view event?

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
This happened in Arizona.

Their legal system is a little "different". Keep in mind that is the home of the famous Sheriff Joe, who makes his convicts live in tents and wear pink underwear!

Its entirely possible that the driver won't be convicted of anything serious.

Swede

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Unreal

This guy is the poster boy of what I think the world should be. You pull a gun on someone and then he chases you down and runs you over in his Hummer?! That's a classic! If this happened all the time, do you know how few armed robberies there would be?

Cheers to running over people that rob and threaten to kill you, and here's one vote for bringing canings and other fine forms of punishment like it into our "civilized" system.

marc

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Somebody send a link to this thread to the defense counsel and let it leak out to the jury.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Better yet!

Make it DR, related!!!
Or.......
I will have to close it.

I wish we could apply some of that justice to the Mighty Hippo & Friends!!!!!!!!! (Hint, Hint)

Thanks
Tim H.

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
The problem is, if someone is in your house you don't know if he will kill your or any member of your family.

Remember in Texas it is legal to use deadly force if someone is stealing your property. A few years back a repo man was trying to reposess a truck for missed payments. The "owner" of the truck got his rifle and fired a couple of shots into the cab of the tow truck. The tow truck driver drove off. In the morning, yes he went back to sleep, the guy is on his way to work and sees a bunch of cops around this tow truck off the side of the road. He pulls over. The driver is dead. He says, hey I did it. He was trying to steal my truck. The guy went to trial and they ruled him innocent.

The wife of the repo man asked the judge what should her husband have done. It was his job to get the truck back. The judge answered, if you want to be a repo man in Texas, you'd better be quick!

Law is still on the books today. Someone could be digging up a shrub from your front lawn and that justifies legal force in TX.

Of course this is the same state that a Japanese exchange student went out on Holliween dressed as Elvis. He was going to a party. He went to the wrong house and knocked on the door. The owner came out the side door and shot him with a 357 magnum. The kid died. The guy was let off. His defense, he had never seen an asian before and was scared for his life. President Clinton made a personal apoligy to Japan for the incident.

Bottom line, stay out of Texas.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I posted this for some humor

I think it satisfys our need for vindication if our home or property is violated.

Like many here, in the DR, i have been robbed of property, once by a thief that was actually in my bedroom! We woke up when we heard the front door close. The other times by neighborhood kids looking for drug money.

In the DR lethal force is very difficult. There have been cases where it has been used in break-ins and car-jackings and the shooters have seen a lot of jail time...until things got straightened out.

Be careful, be safe...

HB

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Three cheers to the guy with the hummer. Some of the ealier posts are right on the money. If more people acted to protect their own family and property there'd be a lot more trepidation on the part of some of these crooks before deciding to break in and steal, or worse.

I am constantly amused by reports of agents for the new TSA in the United States making the flying public safe by confiscating 2" tall plastic GI Joe figures from children, and strip searching 4 week old infants and 90 year old whell-chair bound seniors. Boy! I feel better, don't you?

The problem with that is that even if these folks were competent (and recent events plus the very fact that they work for the government argues against that theory) you'd have to be God to do your job so well that not one time in the 300 million or so boardings that take place in the U.S. each year did someone slip something past that was really dangerous.

I think we should just issue a revolver and a carton of bullets to every passenger as he boards the plane.

"Sir, would you please come with me? We noticed that you boarded this flight without the Homeland Security Department required concealed firearm. You know that's a serious misdemeanor? All passenegers are required by federal law to be armed! You'll have to go back to the gate and retrieve your firearm, or rent one from one of the vending machines at the jetwalk entrance if you wish to return to the flight. Thank you, and have a good trip!"

With twenty blue-haired grannies packing Colt .45's next to their currently banned knitting needles lets see how many Saudi Arabians would be interested in hijacking a flight with a pair of box cutters. While we're at it, let's make sure they all have Hummers, too.

Maybe we can we get Hippo and friends to donate guns and Hummers for our cedulas as part of a defend the DR campaign?

::removing tongue from cheek::