Ok, Ladies...I need your help!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I don't know if this is the right forum to post this...I suppose it is...
if not Timex can direct me where to go;)

I'm finalizing my 'budget' for my adventure...but there are a couple of things missing...that I know I'm gonna need...

MANICURES/PEDICURES...HOW MUCH?

(I have gel nails done here every two weeks $27usd...also pedicures...$22usd)

HAIR CUT AND BLOW DRY...HOW MUCH?

(Just wondering about this, since I don't like anybody touching my hair except Anibal, whom I've know for the past 14 years. I'll just have to come back every couple of months to do my hair just the way I like it!)

Thanks for your help in advance!

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
maintenance is so cheap in the DR

Congratulations on your adventure. I hope all goes well for you. When I'm in Sto. Dgo. I get my manicure/pedicure done at Paco Luis y Griselda (Ensanche Naco) for $270 pesos. I don't get my hair cut when on vacation but I think a regular cut and dry is $300 pesos.

I don't know if you'd be close by but you can call them and find out. Their number is 562-6244.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
That was quick!

Thanks for the reply...

Not expensive at all...Like I said, I'll get my hair done here before I leave, and then come back in a couple of months to 're-touch' it...Oh, and also see my family, of course!;)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Can I say something??? OK,I will!

During the week,my wife washes and conditions her hair at home,then goes to a "Salon" nearby to dry and style her hair.On weekends,and for cuting and "tinting" she goes to her sisters salon. You should find a place near where you live or work and develope a "relationship" with them.That will reduce your costs.They have a lot of "Beauty Spas" here too.I gave my wife a "Day of Beauty" for St.Vaentines day.She really liked it,and it wasn't expensive,(About 100 US Dollars I think)Cris

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Thank you Criss...

Good advice as always...

Yes, of course I will wash my hair and style it everyday as I usually do...I was thinking more about a cut and some highlights...

I don't really trust anyone to do such things to my hair...and it would take a while for me to develop such a trust over there...

But it's good to know that it's not that expensive...I am a little spoiled, you know!

And even though I'm trying to get away from all the 'luxuries' there are some things a girl can't do without!!!;)

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
There is a good German hairdresser in Sosua whom a lot of foreigners go to and speak highly of. I don't get to go too often these days, but last time I went I think it was 600-700 pesos for a cut, highlights and blowdry, and I was happy with it.

I don't remember the name of the place, but it's opposite La Roca.

Don't know about feet etc., my ex used to do that for me, so I suppose it wasn't all bad after all, but a pretty expensive pedicure or two, on reflection....

monaco09

Jun 4, 2003
I am being asked to find out if they can keep a platinum blonde in the colour she is accustomed to.

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Unnatural blondes

I'm not one personally, and having been in rather reduced circumstances I've gone more towards the eclectic look of ever increasing white, the remains of a home job out of the box last time I was in England, and the few remaining traces of what I think was the original colour, although it's hard to remember. A new trend, do you think?

HOWEVER, I do know several (I'm sure not natural) blondes who emege from there looking gorgeous, so go talk to the man. He speaks good English and he's got a really cute little dog to entertain you at the same time. I'm promising nothing about platinum blondes though!