Long blackouts are back.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
large residential parts of santiago are experiencing black outs for extended periods of time. lights went out last night in the evening and came back on at 1;30am in the morning. then the lights went out again at 8;30 am and weren't there uptill 2pm, thats when i had to leave for work again. I don't know if light is back on yet at my home.
Oh shrimp, the lights just went out in my office too. damn!!!

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
I wonder if it was a problem somewhere or a black out. Because I live in santiago and didn't loose power at all last night.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
AZB maybe you should pay your electric bill instead of driving all over the country with Carlos and flirting with my Angels. LOL. Glad to see you made it back.
On a more serious note, we have also been having balckouts in Sosua (Between 2 mins. and 6 hrs.) several times daily over the past few weeks.

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Boca Chica As Well

After quite a long time of steady power in May Boca Chica was one every few hours, lasting 10-15 minutes on average. Possibly more now but the frequency reminded me of pre-2000.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Same in SD. This is how the electric companies apply pressure on the government. What a great negotiating tool!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
We're having a busy time of it here in the sticks in Cabarete. Long blackouts all of last week and today, three times. On and off, on and off. The planta is working overtime.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Power report

Not too bad here in El Choco. Two or three outages today but not more than a few minutes each. About usual.

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Update from Costambar

Well.... normally we get a daily black out of 5-30 minutes..... sometimes we get two.... However today we were blacked out for 7 hours... had to kick in the generator for the septic as well.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Lights went out last night around evening in my home and came back at around early morning. Today, lights were out when I came in my office (this morning) and they just came back now at 2:40 pm.
This is going to be a hot hot summer without lights. Better buy your inverters now or suffer like the poor.
Call my buddy Eddy in santo domingo to get a great unit (custom built) for a fraction of the cost of Trace. semd me e mail or a PM if you need his phone number. I got 2 units from him years ago and they work better than trace or any other brand name units.