Best way to bring over my BIL?!

nidioswife

Mar 3, 2002
If we try to get him a visitors visa.. what will he need to show?! My MIL passed on in April, and we were going to put her land in his name.. will this be sufficient? MY FIL is willing to put his company in my BIL's name too if needed, he owns a bus company.. He's got a car in his name... and a small checking account abut $250.00 US dollars.. that's it..

Now if we were to try to get him an immigrant visa what's the wait?

Hubby has been here for 5 years.. Please let me know what we need to do!!

Thanks!
JenNY

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
nidioswife said:
If we try to get him a visitors visa.. what will he need to show?! My MIL passed on in April, and we were going to put her land in his name.. will this be sufficient? MY FIL is willing to put his company in my BIL's name too if needed, he owns a bus company.. He's got a car in his name... and a small checking account abut $250.00 US dollars.. that's it..

Now if we were to try to get him an immigrant visa what's the wait?

Thanks!
JenNY

These abbreviations are not very helpful to 99.9% of the people you are asking and if only you know what they mean that isn't enough.

I would suspect your chances even with moving these assets around ( and the Embassy may notice the dates you know) are slim. Slimmer for immigrant status. Unless the USA allows brothers to sponsor adult brothers which I doubt.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
All that has been tried before.

Your BIL is FUBAR as far as that goes.

If he does not qualify to travel as a visitor, he will not get the visa. You had best talk to someone in INS or who ever they are not, since INS went to IDKW (I don't know who) after 9-11.

This is always a three maybe 5 year wait. That is why "yolas" are so popular.

DWTIAH (Don't worry, there is always hope)

HB

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
nidioswife said:
....Hubby has been here for 5 years.....

okay....i got the bil, mil and fil bit....and that jenny is obviously the sil of bil and the dil of mil and fil, but what i don't understand is how you all figured out what <b>'here'</b> means.
.....it's a big world out there!

nidioswife

Mar 3, 2002
Best Way to bring over my BIL?!

WOW.. Tough crowd in here.. Wasn't so vicious back when I was a regular here.. over 5 years ago.. Times have changed I guess.. :)

Yes BIL (Brother in-law) MIL (Mother In Law)... Ok.. you get the idea now, right?!

And here is New York..

So it sounds like there is little hope.. To the person who said that there was hope.. could you email me?!

luv@bestweb.net

Thanks!!

JenNY

nidioswife

Mar 3, 2002
Escott said:
I will give a tril for your mil, albeit it is real tough in here these days.
What's a TRIL?! I hope that was not a joke.. as since my mother in law newly passed.. that would not be a good thing.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I remember you from a long time ago

Mostly because I have a friend called Nidio...

Anyway, the things you suggested for your bro in law, just won't work for a visa. You are better off coming here and going with him to the Comsulate and talk to theconsular people. That might work, but I would not bet the house on it.

Do go to the Immigration people-whatever they are called now-and explain your case to them.

Good Luck

HB

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services

Hillbilly said:
Do go to the Immigration people-whatever they are called now-and explain your case to them.

Good Luck

HB

From the INS: "On March 1, 2003, the Immigration and Naturalization Service became part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and its functions were divided into various bureaus of that department. The website you have requested has been moved to http://www.bcis.gov ."

http://www.immigration.gov will get you to the same place. Most of the immigration forms, etc. are available for downloading/printing from these websites. Regional office addresses and phone numbers are also listed there. :)

Swede

nidioswife

Mar 3, 2002
Remember me?!

Hillbilly,

Yes, I remember you too.. There are TONS of new people.. but I see many old familiar faces..

Thanks for your reply.. I will be going down there shortly and when I do I will look into it..

It really stinks that the system has to be like this.. but I know others have ruined it for us.. But the tighter they get, the worse the illegal aliens get.. ya know?! Oh well..

I can't remember if you were here 5+ Years ago, when I was going through the process of bringing over my husband.. that was a breeze compared to this! :)

Thanks!
JenNY