The Bottom Line

NeedToFly

Jun 25, 2003
I been reading various threads about the DR and I realize that there can be many problems living outside the comforts of the US but I'm itchin to get out of here(US) within the next 5-10 years.

Bottom Line...given that there is crime, a shakey economy, some power outages, etc. Is the Dominican Republic, over all, a good place to live? I mean, we have all of those things here too! lol.

Thanks!

Dec 9, 2002
Who knows what the DR will be like in 5-10 years time - that's a long way off and anything could happen in the meantime. I myself am itching to live out there (I'm currently in England) but given the state of the economy and the government now is not the right time for me. I'm hoping things will be better in 4 or 5 years, which is the timescale I have in mind at the moment.

At the end of the day, only you can decide if the DR is a good place to live because it has to suit you. We are all different and have different expectations, attitudes and tolerance levels. What's good for one person is not for another.

Do your own research, go live there for a few months and see how it goes. Then decide.

Keep us posted!