I had a dream last night, it went like this......

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Rooters Knews Wire

An unflattering TV-AD, was aired during the popular Saturday evenings broadcast of, Sabado Gigante, in the Dominican Republic.

The 30 sec, ad, was aired 3 times during the show's regular programmed commercial breaks at, 8pm- 8:30pm- 9pm.

The ad featured a typical Husband & Wife, having a discussion about making ends meet, and being able to put food an the table. The Husband, sitting down at his kitchen table, by candle light, and is explaining to his Wife, that they are so far behind in their bills, there is no way, he can get the electric & phone, turned back on. The Wife, cooking something on the stove while holding a crying baby, tells her husband, the Colmado has stopped their credit, the bank sent someone by for the house payments, because they are so late.

In the back-round, scenes were being displayed, from current events in the news as of lately, concerning the economic crisis currently, Full Steam Underway.

Headlines starting with the theft of large sums of money from their National Lottery, concerning a certain General, and with the same General, abusing the Presidential Credit Card, issued by a bank that has just collapsed there, 3 new Presidential mansions, etc, etc, etc. Along the bottom of the screen, in CNN, info line update, were the increases % for the last 12 months, of various items needed by people everyday- Propane 100%, Tolls 300%, Electricity 40%, Peso devaluation- 100%, etc, etc, etc.

No Party, has claimed responsibility for the commercial.
The Government there:angry: , has a very strong policy concerning liable, slander, unflattering opinions, expressed there.

Since the commercial was aired from Univision Television Studios, located in NJ, The United States, that the chances of prosecution the individual?s responsible, were slim.

The air-time is thought to have been bought by a group of people in the United States, who are frustrated with the Government, in the Dominican Republic.

The Official Response: There are outside forces at work against the prosperity of the DR!!!!

The Police were last seen, running around, with their heads up their a$$, in an attempt to find the guilty parties

Any takers???:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks
Tim H.

Last edited:

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
We need to start raising hell, this government needs to stop, the Dominican People have alot of supporters abroad.

I think this Government is done and needs alittle help to get out of the Presidential Palace.

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
That's funny

when I was there two weeks ago, I joked to my wife about buying billboard space in SD for a politically motivated message (she refused to let me hang banners off our home) . :nervous:

I see hackers are doing a good job of passing on the same message.

Chavez, Castro, Mejia - perfect togehter!

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
I can get the commercial on TV in Miami for a lot cheaper than you might think. I will be more than happy to do it at cost. hell I might even throw in a few bucks.
All we need is for somebody to start a political fondation and gather donations. This perosn will have to be Dominican of course.
How,s this for a name? ADQ! "Amigos de Quisqueya!!!!"

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
Hey, only could this dream be a reality.

Hipolito and the PRD need a good wake up call by the Dominican people. Maybe a march of 50,000 citizens on the National Palace would send a message of disapproval about the escalation in expenses and deterioration in quality of life.

I bet Hipolito is second only to Peruvian President Alejandro Toledo in lack of credibility. The average Dominican is grappling with a 100% devaluation of the peso, while President Hipolito is building luxurious mansions for his personal pleasure. What a disgrace.

I think Timex said it best at the May 24th DR1 Jaragua party. The PRD has got into power and their fixation is to reach out with both hands to rob, steal and plunder what wealth exists in the country. And to hell with the average citizen that has to suffer the residual effects from government corruption, excessive payrolls, greed, and overspending.

Contrary to what I would "not like" to believe, I think the present government feels it can screw over the majority of it's populace. And the intellectuals that do speak out are at risk of being arrested or threatened with law suits from the President. Perhaps more world attention would be effective against the PRD. Caused by a wave of citizen protests and strikes such as debilitated Peru in May.

Yeah, I'd like to see a roadside billboard reading "Hipolito, 2nd only to Alejandro Toledo in credibility" when driving into Santo Domingo. Ooh, wouldn't that be a doosy.

Last edited:

DCfred

Jun 19, 2003
I love the idea of "Amigos de Quisquya" but think it about it guys, chances are very good that Hippo will be forced out by the people in his own party. No hay paz con hambre.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
My bad dream

I had a dream last night that the entire DR economy was dollarized by the black market in less than a month and that by August 1, 2003 nobody was taking pesos for anything, including a lousy platano. The government could do nothing about it. The Central bank had no dollars.

When I woke up this morning I see the President of the Small Business Association in RNN TV News pleading with wholesalers to accept pesos for products because they have no dollars to buy merchandise and it is illegal to switch from our currency to dollars.

Its my dream a prophecy becoming true?

TW

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Re: My bad dream

golo said:
I had a dream last night that the entire DR economy was dollarized by the black market in less than a month .....

When I woke up this morning I see the President of the Small Business Association in RNN TV News pleading with wholesalers to accept pesos for products because they have no dollars to buy merchandise and it is illegal to switch from our currency to dollars.

Its my dream a prophecy becoming true?TW

I don' t know if it is a prophecy at this stage of the game. I've just come back from a 3-day business trip and the only things I paid for in Pesos, was hotel, food and gas, a few government export forms and some boxes bought used. I bought some supplies at a free zone company, paid in cash dollars, and was given change in cash dollars - I expected change in pesos. Our free zone premise is paid for in dollars - paid the rent today by check in dollars - shipped a fairly large order today and bought the truck driver a coffee in pesos. The rest, dollars only. In our other business, we're doing a computer system for a fairly large business here and in doing the investigation to see what they do, their total system runs in dollars, they have no ability to do financials, or simple debit and credit transactions, or even a lousy invoice in pesos. Also, we have quite some business from companies to 'dollarize' their systems, or at least, make them able to "speak" two currencies. So, I think it is reality, not prophecy and not a dream. The local 'platano' business is in trouble. It scares the holy hell out of me if I think that the local fruit and vegetable vendor is going to have to pay in dollars for something, very soon, within probably days. Maybe just their stock of paper or plastic bags, but it is happening.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Tony C said:
I can get the commercial on TV in Miami for a lot cheaper than you might think. I will be more than happy to do it at cost. hell I might even throw in a few bucks.
All we need is for somebody to start a political fondation and gather donations. This perosn will have to be Dominican of course.
How,s this for a name? ADQ! "Amigos de Quisqueya!!!!"

I do believe that name is taken....if you do a search it comes up as a name on hatianconnection....

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Tony C

Lets just say, somebody was to send you a tape, fully done.

1, If aired in Miami, would it hit the boob-tube here?
If yes.
2, What format would you need it on?

I'll post the above, as soon as a certain studio, in NJ, gets back, to me, about a request I made.
Also, no Dominicans, except for the paid ACTORS!!!!
It needs to be handeld, by somebody, who can survive the inquisition.
Not to say that Dominicans couldn't be a part of it. Lets just keep their heads off the chopping blocks, OK!!!

And we could call it.
DRSA Dominican Republic Supporters Abroad!!!!
or, Stay with ADQ
And let them think.
The Haitians are coming! The Haitians are coming!!!

Also

ERICKXSON

Internet is good, but I don't think, it alone, will make the Top Dogs, choke on the reaction to it. ( I'm not talking about HACKING, media web sites here.) Same goes for a TV spot, the masses here can't see, or hear about. ( Gov, controlled media!)

If we can get it on the air here, prime-time, can you picture the reaction? And at the end, flash your web site for inquiry?s and donations. Once word got out, that there is no legal recourse for the Gov, to take, I bet the other parties start asking about running the commercial again.
For a donation of course!!!!
And we endorse NO PARTIES!!!!

Good God!!!!!!
We would be bringing a little bit more, true Democracy, to the airwaves. Just like politics back home.

But the best part is, we don't have to make-up, a dam thing!!!!
This Government provides so much unreal B.S., we can pick and choose from the headlines here.
Just the facts mam', just the facts.

For Rob.
To your question in the other Forum, about the effect of the Internet & politics.
10 years ago, we would not have been able to sit down, and discuss this, as we are doing now.
Imagine if we could pull this off.

******Disclaimer*******
This is all a dream, just a dream- none of it is real!

Thanks
Tim H.

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I'm just enough of a hacker to love all these ideas. But for me, I fought my freedom fight back in Africa. Enough for one lifetime - No more! People can stand and fall by their own actions. This is however a fairly public notice board. Why don't y'all go underground now!

Oh yes, and register a website somewhere in Mongolia or what about Nigeria?

Last edited:

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Re: Tony C

Timex said:
******Disclaimer*******
This is all a dream, just a dream- none of it is real!

Thanks
Tim H. [/B]

If this is only a dream, just count me in, e-mail or pm me.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Timex.

Here is how it goes.

You get the commercial. The preffered format is Beta SP. If not Mini DV will work and I will have it converted. Any other format the quality sucks for Broadcast.

I can get it on Galavision, Mun2, and some of the local latin Stations for approx $10-$20 a spot.(Depends on Time and channel)

Once that is done you just let the local/International news outlets(TV, Print, Radio) know about it. Get Telemundo or Univision to cover it and voila! Its on in the DR. Of course it would be better if somebody in The DR would tip off some of the Free Press down there. (Hint, Hint, Robert, Golo). The tape does not even have to touch Dominican soil. Once the Outlets in Miami get a hold of it it will be all over the Microwave and Satellite airways.

Where is Musicqueen? Surely she could help getting radio coverage?

I still think that we need a Dominican to be at the forefront. I didn't Like it when the French or other people from those countries tried to tell the US what to do. If you use an American at the front Hippo's gang will just rally around the flag and blame outside influences.

Erickxson???

Let me know your costs maybe we can do it cheaper here with Volunteer actors.

How about ADH? Amigos de Hispaniola?

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]kingofdice [/B] said:
I think Timex said it best at the May 24th DR1 Jaragua party. The PRD has got into power and their fixation is to reach out with both hands to rob, steal and plunder what wealth exists in the country.
I think the difference between the PRD and other parties is better explained by comparing the Romans with the Vikings. The first (like other parties) conquered, built riches and took a lot back home. The latter just pillaged and plundered... and burnt the villages down to ashes. "Leave no house standing!"

Great dream Tmx. :)

Last edited:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
A question.

Are our hosts willing to take the wrath of the PRD gorillas should anyone at the PRD learn how to read and find about the stern criticism prevalent on this board?

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Cool!!!

To: Tony C

From a country western tune...........
I got the money honey, you got the time!!!!

Rob, should tell us............
Should we stay or should we go........You always tease-tease-tease!!!!!!!

Chris/ I fought my freedom fight back in Africa. Enough for one lifetime - No more! People can stand and fall by their own actions.
Lee Iacocca/ LEAD-FOLLOW-OR GET THE PHUCK OUT OF THE WAY!

No more B.S.
Lets do it!!!!!
GOD- the satisfaction of making them take their own B.S. and shoving it, where the sun don't shine!!!!!!!!!
And there ain't a Dam thing they can do about it!!!:laugh: :laugh:

******Disclaimer*******
This is all a dream, just a dream- none of it is real!!!

Thanks
Tim H.

Last edited:

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Ok!!!!!

I just recived a blow away e-mail, with a real offer of $upport!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Tony C.
Please e-mail me you phone #.

Thanks
Tim H.