Best Condos In Sosua?

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
At the end of July I'll be making my 3rd. trip to Sosua, and I'm starting to look at porperties with Dean Brown. I love the area around el Neptuno; it's quiet, walk to everything, safe and I love the town beach. A 2 bedroom luxury condo on or with an ocean view is what I'm looking for, and, although I don't have a ton of cash right now, I'm looking for the best place rather than the best bargain. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. - D

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Good Luck Danny. There is NOT really a lot to choose from. I looked at a bunch and decided that if I was able to strike a deal on the one at El Neptuno I would be happy and I did. I like that is is so convienent and so close to the center and so QUIET.

There are some apartments going up across the street. About 3x+ the money but with fabulous views. They were building them and had the foundations started last time I was down.

I am going to be down on the 16th of July if you would like to check out my condo at El Neptuno.

Scott

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I live in El Neptuno and think it is the best location. The area, as you know, is upscale and very quiet, even though it is no more than 2 blocks from center of town. When you are here, it is as though you are in a different world. Good group of interested owners (a number of whom who live here at least half the year) despite the fact that Scott recently joined our group.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Ken - Just because Scott wants to become the Donald Trump of Sosua is no reason to diss him. I have not met him yet, but he's probably just a pushy New York Jew like me. Then again, you know him.

So other than Blue Bayou and El Neptuno, are there desirable condos in that area? I'm interested in the new ones under construction, and I'm guessing they will be as good as it gets, but are they priced beyond the range of the area? I'm not buying to re-sell or for income, but if things don't work out I don't want to be stuck with a white elephant.

At any rate, I'll be there for 4 days starting 7/30, so name the joint and I'm good for several rounds. - D

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
No, El Neptuno and Blue Bayou are your options, at least until the new condos are completed. But you won't get as much for your money there as you would at El Neptuno, assuming you can get a condo there. One or two on the ground floor are available, and there is one possibility on the 3rd floor, however, that one needs a very close look. Besides the one that Scott bought, two other ground floor units have been purchased within the past month or so. Now most of the owners either live here full time, or for a good share of the year. The desirable turnover of owners that occurred during the past couple of years is over and we now have a very good group of interested owners.

You'll be working with Dean, so stop by when you are looking at El Neptuno. He knows where I live and also has my phone number.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Hey Dan, just stop at my condo any night between 2 & 4 am and I will be happy to take you to Kens condo.

I would take you during the day but he sleeps at that time so set your alarm clock!

I will take you up on those drinks. Dom is the drink of choice in the DomRep:)

You forgot to add Fat Loud Ugly with Hairy back to your description! Don't dis me Dan. Use em all or none.

Regards,
Escott