P-51, Flew Away!!!!!

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
A while back, while I was returning, from a visit at CrissColon's place.

One of my favorite sights was a P-51, on display.

Dont ask me to name the street or building, but it's in SD.
I always remembered, when I passed this place, thinking to my self...
Gee, thats cool!!! A black P-51 Mustang, on a pedestal mount in front of the building.
I always enjoyed the fact that, due to their price, that this was a cool display.
But the last time I passed by.....

What the Phuck!!!! Thats a black cessna trainer!!!!
I don't know what they really changed it out with, but the P-51 is definatly gone........

Oh well. It was sitting there so safe, probably for 2 decades, and wham, it vanished along the the money from Banniter.

And I bet well never find out what happened to it.

Thanks
Tim H.

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
It was probably

payment for that gold winged horsey thingy piece of *&^%$# crap the same is mounted on!

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Tim,

Are you talking about the P-51 that was outside the Club de militares on 27 de Febrero?
they use to have a DeHaviland Vampire, a Hughes Cayuse, and a Panzer II tank out front as well. Are they still there?
The Dr was the last Military operator of P-51s. I remember when they sold them to some collector in Puerto Rico. Some of them were then used in that Spielberg Film about the Kid hiding out from the Japanese in China during WWII. I forgot the name of the movie.
The DR was also the last operator of the vampire in front line service. (Switzerland used a few as target tugs into the late 80's) The DR was also the last operator of the Panzer II(Do you see a trend here?). These were donated by Franco to trujillio. They were then converted from diesel engines to Cadillac gasoline engines.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Tony C said:
Some of them were then used in that Spielberg Film about the Kid hiding out from the Japanese in China during WWII. I forgot the name of the movie.

Empire of the Sun, wasn't it?

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I know is that, as of Feb 2003, there was a P-51 there!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Now there is some POS ( PIECE OF SH*T THERE.)!!!!!!!!!!!!

The war bird Flew the coupe!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably paid for 1 of Hippo'$ Man$ion'$.!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Tim H.

Last edited: