Lomas Mironas (Sosua) residents. Where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesquireau

Jun 29, 2003
jue-walter.de
Hi, dear "Lomas Mironas neighbours in spe!

We'd like to chat with you. We're (just) Krauts building the lot below Martin. Hope to see you X-mas this year. Pablo and Martin (Century21) are caring for everything. Lovely people, don't you think ?

Well, if anybody is interested we'll introduce ourselves for sure.

Nelly and Juergen from Wertheim upon Main (near Frankfurt)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Lomas Mironas

I have a lot in the community but not sure when I will be building.

If you go through the gate where the guard is and take it to the end make a Left and then first right I have the last lot on the left.

Escott

Lesquireau

Jun 29, 2003
jue-walter.de
Thanx for appearing on stage, Escott. Looks like we'll be neighbours. What about checking out the map? We're on F11(D).
What keeps you from building,too ? Pablo seems to be an excellent architect ?

Juergen

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
When you build, make sure you put in place good security. Dogs are usually the best thing. Heard of 1 or 2 robberies...

Lesquireau

Jun 29, 2003
jue-walter.de
Okay, I see what you mean. It's not, it's just two watchmen 24 hours, well-paid as far as I know.
In other words you insinuate that the state of not being fenced in might induce stealing ?! By the way, who do you think is in charge when s.th. is stolen from the construction site ? The owner of the lot or the constructor, according to DR law ?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
I don't know my lot number and I am at my fathers part of the State because I m moving him from a house to a condo. You can ask Ina which lot I bought if you are interested. She also lives in Lomas Mirones as well as work for Juan Perdomo.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Gated

We live further out El Choco which runs behind Lomas Mironas, with Haciendas El Choco across the road. Haciendas El Choco has high stone/coral walls of about 10' with broken glass bottles on top, but the back fence to Lomas Mironas is just barbed wire on some machette hacked sticks.

Security at the gate is fine if the ladrones want to come in the front door ... but it'd be much too easy to just slip in the back from El Choco. So don't be complacent.

Lesquireau

Jun 29, 2003
jue-walter.de
So in response to your advice, Xanadu Ranch, I will now see to the fact that stolen devices during construction period will have to be replaced by the constructor and not by us. I'll check the contract about the that. Thanx a lot.

Escott, I don't know Ina yet but the nice gentleman Martin, who is a collegue of hers and direct neighbour to me

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Stuff being stolen in construction is one thing, your house being robbed once it's built and your living in it is another.

I'm just telling you to be aware as you do not live in a gated community. It may have two guys on the front gate, so what?

Ask around, speak to the locals, found out whats going on in your part of the world.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Security

Most people hire a security guard which costs about 100 us dollars a month. I feel very safe walking around but breakins are fairly common. 100 bux a month is a reasonable amount to pay for peace of mind.

Scott

FWIW: before buying the lot I went up one day to walk around and I WAS stopped by security at Lomas asking what I was doing there. They do take it fairly seriously.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Escott, is that $100/mo for 24-hour protection? I was quoted a much higher figure when I considered that a few years ago. But then I was much more of a newbie here and I hadn't thought about it since.

Lesquireau, a friend whose been here ten years also said to watch out hiring a guard. He had instances where the guard would arrange with friends to rob the place and then he'd either rough himself up a bit or let his friends do it so he could point to all his cuts and bruises and say that he "tried to fight them off but there were just too many of them ..."

If you get a guard, get some X-10 type mini wireless cameras tied to instant-on/off VCR's to make sure you can document what they are doing. About $200 for a set, but well worth it if you're dealing with Doiminican employees or guards where theft might be a problem.

Food for thought.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
P.S.

1. "WHOSE" in the above post should have been "WHO HAS", pardon the grammer, I have business friends visiting who live in the Mississippi Delta and the just for fun impersonations have apparently slipped into my English. My apologies.

2. With the camera thing, you buy 2 or three real ones and hide them well, and then put out 2 or three fake ones and make sure the guards, staff etc. know exactly where the fake ones are and why they are there. This serves two purposes. They think you're a stupid gringo for actually showing them where the cameras are so they can destroy them before they do the deed, and also in case they are not that brazen they know that it just might be easier to rob Escott's place instead because yours is so well surveilled.

:: smile ::

Lesquireau

Jun 29, 2003
jue-walter.de
Well, Robert, Escott and XanaduRanch,

all I can say, me sitting in good Ol Germany is "Let it not happen!"

By the way, I've informed Martin from Century21 about our forum. Maybe he' ll lighten up this and that. As I told you before he's a truthful man, not from the land of the palm trees, but from the Baltic Sea. Nine years ago he decided making a living there, his wife being a Dominican lawyer, both becoming my direct neighbours. If anyone would like to build their lot on Lomas Mironas, just contact him or the company. We're so happy to have met him.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Why would you need a guard during the day when the Maid can serve that purpose?

It was based on the night/evenings. Jesus man you live in the HIGH rent district. Spring for the hundred bux and be done with it.

I am sure that Martin is a truthful man but other people on this board are both truthful and knowlegable.

Regards

Lesquireau

Jun 29, 2003
jue-walter.de
Do me a favour, Escott, and explain to me what you mean by having a maid in the house. I ought to tell you that we won't be living in the house before we've reached retirement (in 5 years) age.

Martin has been living there in Lomas Mironas for a couple of years now and I guess he is knowledgeable. And don't you worry, we will pay our share, the 100 bux or so. But did you read what XanaduRanch wrote ? This is a different dimension she's opening. She doesn?t seem to trust the two watchmen. This is hard stuff for absentees like us...

Juergen

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
She? Trust No One.

Ahem. I'm not a she not a he. :: smile ::

I am seriously not trying to scare you. But I am just relating experiences I, or my close friends have had for your enlightenment. It can, and does happen. Don't trust anyone (other than your significant other and that includes me) and maybe you will be spared the 5 or 6 times someone robs you who you think were your friends, or your guards, or your nannies, etc. before you wise up. It just happens to nice folks. And I am not a dummy. I am a physicist by trade. Obtuse maybe sometimes, but not stupid. Lomas Mironas looks great ... certainly better than the protection I have. So go for it - but be careful, that's all.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
::: sigh :::

This is Chris's fault. My internet died as I was sending.

I am a HE not a SHE. FYI. My name is Tom.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Lesquireau said:
Do me a favour, Escott, and explain to me what you mean by having a maid in the house. I ought to tell you that we won't be living in the house before we've reached retirement (in 5 years) age.

Martin has been living there in Lomas Mironas for a couple of years now and I guess he is knowledgeable. And don't you worry, we will pay our share, the 100 bux or so. But did you read what XanaduRanch wrote ? This is a different dimension she's opening. She doesn?t seem to trust the two watchmen. This is hard stuff for absentees like us...

Juergen
A maid full time is less than a hundred dollars US per month. SO for 200- US per month you are covered. Why build a house if you are not going to live there for 5 years? Rent it out with a maid and a night watchman, pay 200- bux a month and rent it for 3 months out of 12 for 600 a week and you are covered.

If I am not being clear email me at Scott@dominicancondorental.com and I will explain further.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.