Is Santo Domingo More Dangerous?

Montessorian

Apr 1, 2002
www.patriaquerida.homestead.com
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had opinions on the crime rate in Santo Domingo.

I have been traveling to Santo Domingo for the past 10 years, in which, it seems that things have gotten much worse as far as crime is concerned.

In the past I always seemed to feel "safe". Recently, I have noticed that things just seem "not quite right". Perhaps this is seated in the fact that someone reached into my car (while windows were down) to steal a bracelet my husband was wearing while the car was moving. (kids on motor) Perhaps it is my own paranoia, but I just don't feel as safe as I used to in Santo Domingo.

Any comments, advice, psychotherapy?

Honestly, I did not feel this way outside of SD, I felt much safer on the north coast, it just seemed to be in and around the city.

rubio

Apr 28, 2003
www.geocities.com
It's not paranoia...it happens in practically any city. You just have to keep an eye open for these things. When I travel outside the US, I never wear anything valueable, just as a side note. I was in Venezuela once and this guy snatched a gold chain I was wearing, I was young at the time but learned my lesson. You get the point.

I'm not an expert nor do I have any knowledge on crime statistics...so I can't help you in that department.

It never hurts to be too cautious...Rubio