POP: Mall????

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Hi All,

I have looked and looked and found nothing. Is there anything similar to an american mall on the north coast? My little sister is here and "dying to go shopping". The little shops in puerto plata I took her to today did not provide much to her enjoyment. I was wondering if there is a mall or plaza with several stores that she can go into. Clothing, knick knacks, etc...

Thanks

maryanne

Mar 16, 2003
not much

GirlieGirl, unfortunately, there are not any plazas/malls that you can take your sister too. However, there are several small stores over at Playa Dorada. When you enter Playa Dorada from the main road, just continue straight ahead for a few minutes and you'll see the complex on the right side. Let me know what you're looking for and maybe I can suggest some places.

Thanks,
Maryanne

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Where is she coming from, GirlieGirl, a place where there are no shopping opportunities? If not, I would hope that you and she could think of a great many other things to do in an around Puerto Plata.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Yes but Maryanne each shop in Playa Dorada pretty much sells what every other shop in Playa Dorada sells. Great for haggling but terrible for variety.

I'd take her to the American Mall in Santiago, up the street from the Codetel office as a start.

P.S.
Is that your real name or a nick? Alba and I named our dogs "Gilligan" and the "Skipper". If they'd have been girls it would have been "Ginger" and "Maryanne". And if you don't know what show I am referring to don't tell me. I will be feeling too old ... :: LOL ::

maryanne

Mar 16, 2003
hahahaha

Yes, my real name is Maryanne.
And yes, I remember Gilligan's Island. I used to watch it every day as a kid.