Lack of Good Steaks in DR

EddieC

May 8, 2003
The subject was debated at length on another thread. Having extensive experience grilling steaks, perhaps I can help.
It is correct that nothing can compare to "corn fed, aged beef". If you ever had the displeasure of trying to put down "grass fed" beef from around Bakersfield Ca., you will know what an inferior steak is. Once the animal is slaughtered, this can't be changed. The aging process, however, can be simulated very simply.
First, score the steaks in a criss-cross fashion abour 1/2 in. apart on both sides. Then marinate the steaks in a refrigerator with a well blended mixture of equal amounts of Balsamic Vinegar(6%) and olive oil, a tbs. of soy sauce, salt, pepper, dried onion, powdered garlic, and sweet basil (for about three hours). The steak will be chemically tenderized. Then flavor it (on the grill) with a fruit chutney. I've used this method on some tough meat with good results.
This works real well on prime, aged meat also.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
It is all a matter of tastes.
I do enjoy a nice Corned feed beed steak. But I also enjoy a nice thin, lean, grass feed steak al carbon.

Fruit Chutney? How gay is that?