Internet slow?

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Since getting back down here my net connection has bean VERY slow. About 150k when Codetel has supposedly bumped up everybody's speeds. I should be getting 512k.

Today I tried viewing a video clip from europe and it appears I am viewing 699k? If I check my bandwith it says under 150k and I try DLing anything from US sites and it is extrememely slow.

Can it be possible that just the "pipe" from the DR to the US is slow? Anybody else noticing a slow down?

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
For the stuff I am doing, it is the same as usual. I am mostly using the net to the US, however.

Usually an ISP like codetel will have several lines out of the country. It is possible that one to Europe is more saturated, for example.

But overall, I think the service continues to be pretty good - and now much cheaper than equivalent service in the US.

Adrian

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
In the past 5 days I've gone from a modem connection of 49k to 50k bps to 14k bps! Not only will nothing load, but the connection keeps dropping out. The fastest I've seen it is about 34k and right now (8:45pm) the speed is 28k bps. I complained to Codetel last Thursday thinking it might be the microwave connection from Las Galeras to Samana to Santo Domingo and they said they would clean the "lines." So far, nada.