Help On Airline Choice

nashville dude

May 27, 2003
Since American has decided to rape it's customers, I'm flying an alternate airline into Santo Domingo. Lan Dominican, Air SAnto Domingo and Aero Contiente all have great rates. I have never heard of these airlines. Are they relaibale? Safe? Whichwould your suggest. I'll be driving almost 13 hrs to Miami to catch the plane so give me one that is dependable. Thanks

M

Meng

I recently Flew Miami-Santo DOmingo

I recently flew on Aeromar's 737-300 On business Class to Santo DOmingo from Miami and the Service was very good... Food was excellent (try the Filet Mignon) and all was outstanding... Plane left on time, and everything went very smoothly...

I believe Air Santo DOmingo does not fly from Miami, and Aerocontinente/Lan Dominicana have only been around for months (and they do not fly daily).... Aeromar has been stable for over 4 years and flies daily....

Visit www.aeromarairlines.com (their online booking engine is in development and will be operational with the best prices in the market by September 1st).

Since you are driving 13 hours, I suppose on time performance is key.... Im not trying to Promote Aeromar however, their Ontime performance is very good...

Ill give you an Example: Todays FLIGHT FROM MIAMI was scheduled to leave at 3:45pm and it left at 3:59pm... IT WAS suppose to arrive at 6:00pm However actual arrival time was 5:53pm.... 7 Minutes ahead of schedule... Use their flight tracker for more info.

-Meng

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Re: I recently Flew Miami-Santo DOmingo

Meng said:
Im not trying to Promote Aeromar however, their Ontime performance is very good...

Really? It does sound like you are. And you work with them, so your opinion is biased.

Meng said:
Ill give you an Example: Todays FLIGHT FROM MIAMI was scheduled to leave at 3:45pm and it left at 3:59pm... IT WAS suppose to arrive at 6:00pm However actual arrival time was 5:53pm.... 7 Minutes ahead of schedule... Use their flight tracker for more info.

And how their STI flight departed 1 1/2 hour late...

GRS

M

Meng

I dont work for them

Grs: Dont be an idiot.... I dont work for them, I said very clearly many months ago... I know their webmaster (that no longer works there by the way)... Hey im not even in the country...

All I am saying is my flight from miami to Santo Domingo in Business class was Great.

My Opinion is not Bias.

-meng

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
right...

You don't work for them, but you have been doing surveys on Aeromar Website for the last year and magically almost all the mistakes talked in this forum have been fixed on their webpage.. Might as well ask for a Consultant fee to Aeromar.

And by the way, the original poster didn't ask opinions about Aeromar, but of course....I'm the idiot, and talk about biased people.....

And now that we are talking about trips report, you remember the tickets I bought for my two friends to fly Aeromar in June? They said "never again". And they still have to come back to miami.

PS: Their outbound leg was delayed because there was no crew to operate the aircraft...Go figure..

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Meng -- please stop it with the insults.

all you guys/gals have to do is post your opinions.

On that note,

Meng, you are saying you are not affiliated with Aeromar?

be honest

Last edited:
M

Meng

Im not

I have told you guys over and over.... I knew the webmaster (i still do but he was fired) So i no longer know what they are planning on their site....

Im not affiliated with them.... All the mistakes that were posted here about the site, I would report back to him and he would fix them... That was my only Link to Aeromar. My knowledge of what they planned to do was disrupted the second they fired the webmaster (he would tell me stuff).

Guys, I dont have a reason to lie about this... If I worked there I would say so with pride....

I live in BOSTON.... Im not even close their offices.

M

Meng

Samana1??? NO

My friend (their recent webmaster) told me that last he knew, they were in the process of hiring some high Tech Firm based in Miami.... Samana1 tells me he lives in Finland, Or Sweden or something like that... Why would they hire someone who lives that far away, among other things....

That is preposterous.

Samana1 has nothing to do with Aeromar.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
if that flight was skd to leave at 3:45pm and left at 3:59pm that flight by DOT was late . ontime means ontime or 2 mints early departure.

Because the flight plan maybe less that regular does not mean that all airlines will used the arrival time , to be late.

just my 2 cents from aviation.

Ed_NYC

May 28, 2003
nashville dude, you should try LanDominicana, I've heard many good things about them.
BTW, I wouldn't do Aeromar, they have been over-booked for the past two weeks and have had bags left behind since then. Rumor has it that they had to charter a cargo plane to pick up those bags and delilver them from JFK to STI and SDQ. Can you imagine how pissed off some of those passengers were...What about the smart ones that packed some perishables in their bags!!!!!

Samana1 has nothing to do with Aeromar.

LOL, I thought Samana1 was Aeromar's VP of Marketing!!!!!!!