Living in the Zona Colonial, good idea?

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
After living in Sosua for 7years, I'm seriously considering moving to Sto. Dgo. , Zona Colonial, with wife and kids and buy or rent an apartment there. Somehow I always liked the ambience there.
What are the pros and cons?
Might this be not such a good idea?

Which are the things I have to take into account (apart from not having the beach every day...) ? Electricity, water, crime, noise...or anything I could never think of, maybe?

Any good advice could help me make a correct decision.

Thanks in advance.

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
San Carlos? Gazcue?

Might I get a response if I extend my request a little?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Find one of Jan's posts (Not JanH) and click on the email or Pm button underneath and send her a message with your questions. She has been living there for close to a year.

But you won't be able to do that until you enable PMs or emails for yourself. Click on the "user cp" button near top of this page, then click on "edit options". That is where you enable PMs and email. If enabled, you can send and receive one or both. If not enabled, you can neither send or receive.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I like ZC. All os close and the neighborhoods here are very close knit. There isnt alot of grass for kids to play but there are parks.
Depending on where you live there could be noise. There is alot of nightlife here.
Gazcue is much quiter but its my guess morre expensive.
But to me this is the area to be in. There is everything you need very close. And the people here are great. There are alot of tigres but alos there are alot of police to make the area safe.
I think thios area is great for me but I would say maybe come and get an aparthotel or something in the area for a frw weeks and check out whats here. Some streets are very quiet and others are quite noisy.
I'll help you all I can ..just let me know