*** No Juice ***

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Can someone please flick the dam power switch, it's been 6-7hrs already!

They increase the price by 5%, then turn it off. Must be a new way of helping consumers save money.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
We get long black outs day and nights. Ex: lights go out all day in my house and come back at night. I don't have my fridge connected to inverter so I can't store anything in it at all.
Lights also go out in the day time at my office.
Some times lights go out all night in my house. There is no telling when they will go out. No pattern to it. :(

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
We've been up and down in Cabarete for about a week now. The last three days, about 8 scattered hours of power in a 24 hour period. This morning, it went up and down about 8 times.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]Robert[/B] said:
Can someone please flick the dam power switch, it's been 6-7hrs already!

They increase the price by 5%, then turn it off. Must be a new way of helping consumers save money.
I am not experiencing any of these problems at home. Maybe you should consider moving out of that poor neighborhood you live in ;) Seriously, I am worried, we might be next...

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Horrendous

We have been doing good withabout 15 mins to an hour a day. The past week here in Costambar has been horrendous. Last night went out at midnight did not come back on until 2 pm today. Then went out again at 5pm and still out now at 8:30 pm. This is getting ridiculous. I feel bad for those people with no back up.

I am trying to look on the brightside... I have not had to defrost my freezer lately!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'm very pleased to be living in a condo complex with its own generator. As long as the generator keeps running, a "blackout" for us is what we experience between the power going off and the generator coming on.

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Lucky Per Say

Ken,
We are kind of lucky as well. The generator only runs in the owners condo and in one light in each apartment. A back up light that kicks on if the power goes out. I put an adapter on it that has 2 outlets and have an extension cord run from it so when the power goes out I change the plugs. We are able to operate the computer, TV and a fan without a problem. It becomes a nuisance with the refrigerator and lack of water though.

Drugdog

Mar 28, 2003
Juice

Do you reset your VCR clocks or do they always blink 12:00

That is when you have power

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
LOL

Used to reset them. I have officially unplugged the alarm clock and rely on my handy. In this place if it does not have Batteries, I do not rely on it.