Any horse people from abroad in DR?

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
Hi all, Enjoy reading your info. Need all the info I can get as I am making my way to DR as soon as I can get my affairs in order here.(Georgia USA) Just like to know if there are any horse owners that read and post here. Looking for info on having a horse in DR. Anyone have info on shipping a dog to DR? :) Thanks Pam

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
We saw a lot of horses, just wandering field and no doubt being watched on a daily basis by their owners.

There was a large herd behind Harrison's in Plaza Isabela, between POP and Sosua, where the guy came daily to move them from one pasture to another.

There was another beautiful looking bunch we saw in Luperon.

My husband is a horseman but we have not spent enough time in the DR to make connections with the owners.

If you are looking for $$$ horses....try country clubs. Maybe you'll find people enrolled in equitation classes. This was my experience in Venezuela.

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Hey goat lady,

Where is your goat farm n Ga? I pass two or three coming to work everyday. Also, a lot of horse stables...

I had a couple of horses growing up in the DR. I especially liked the over night horse back camping trips. Plenty of pretty places to go riding.
Bob

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
goatfarmnga, where will you be locating? If coming to the Sosua area, I can put you in contact with a resident of Sea Horse Ranch who has a horse. She doesn't read this board, but I can send you her email address.

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
Horses

Hello All ,:)
I live in Morven Ga near Valdosta way DOWN SOUTH by the Fl Line. I will be headed to DR when I sell my farm. I will be in the YAMASA Area..I have no real idea where that is but my husband has family there So we are headed there to stay while we research the Island. Just going to find a place that I would want to live, near the ocean but not too big of a city area.
I love reading this forum, really insightful! Ya'll sound like you have a good time there. I lived on Guam for several years and loved the Fiestas, foods, scuba etc. sounds like DR is about the same! Can anyone tell me if Pitt Bull fighting is a big sport there? I have the sweetest dog and do not want to take him if there is fighting as a sport like the Cock fights. I took a dog to Guam and someone stole him and I was told by the police that because the fighting is big there and dogs are always stolen. Is it illegal to fight dogs there? If it's not illegal I will not take my dog. I was given him a few months ago, as he was confiscated from fighting people and do not want to risk it. Oh well I can talk forever! Just excited! :) Pam ;) ;)