So, I got a question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith&Cris

Aug 22, 2002
www.keithbroad.com
Seems like there were a bunch of folks liking to contribute to this "WE WON" thread until somebody compared it to Iraq!!??
(where the f**k did that come from??????)
Then "the powers that be" caved to (one) public opinion and closed the thread. I understand that this thread was maybe not "pure" Dominican Republic subject ... but hey, Canadians contribute some significant bucks to DR economy, no? So how come you don't allow us at least a little space to whoop it up when we get a biggie like the 2010 winter olympics? Two pages at least, before we're snuffed out?
US folks seem to get lots of air-time here.....

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
It's Robert's ballpark and it is run by Robert's rules and decisions. We get to play if we abide by the rules. As far as I know, the rule has always been that Dominican content is necessary for a thread to survive. The US type threads that survive, are those that give information to Americans living here, example, tax changes that they need to be aware of. If you were around during the time of start of the Iraq conflict, you'll know that every war thread was ruthlessly cut... ;) And on reflection, a good thing it was too!

Dec 9, 2002
It's really easy - this site is called DR1, DR means Dominican Republic. How hard is that to understand?

If you need to discuss some other country do it on a site that's all about that country. I look at DR1 for stuff about DR, not Canada or the Winter Olympics, or anything else for that matter.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I will help you with DR content.

But not untill 2009 when I will post: "Do you think next year's winter olympics in Vancouver will affect tourism to the DR? Talk to you then. LOL -

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It was all my fault. I know the rules but I was so excited that I had to post it and I knew it would be closed. This is after all the DR information centre.

Keith&Cris

Aug 22, 2002
www.keithbroad.com
ok... I think I get it now :) (I'm really not a whiner, honest!)
I've obviously been away from DR far too long (last December!!!)
AND I WANNA GET BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the rule has always been that Dominican content is necessary for a thread to survive.

Last edited:

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
we all contribute to the DR economy and we all come from diffrent backgrounds.

the problem with the post was that if you allow it to continue, then you would have to allow it for future posts.

I am sure that when the Olympics hit Canada we will find a way to relate it to Dr somehow.

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Question?

Does the DR participate in any of the winter Olympic events? Biathlon maybe?

Swede

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Dominican Babe said:
It's really easy - this site is called DR1, DR means Dominican Republic. How hard is that to understand?

If you need to discuss some other country do it on a site that's all about that country. I look at DR1 for stuff about DR, not Canada or the Winter Olympics, or anything else for that matter.
You go girl

Status
Not open for further replies.