Please Help!!! I need a Hotel Apt in San Pedro

bladeNYC

May 14, 2003
www.dr1.com
I need a Hotel Apartment in the San Pedro de Macoris Area. I need something decent, clean and not expensive for a week.

*************Can ANYONE HELP?*******************

Also, Do any DR1ers want to meet? I'll be in San Pedro for a Week. Then will be traveling between La capital and Barahona for another week.

bladeNYC
DR1, my new bARRIO :alien:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Try Waiting a Bit for a Reply

And you don't have to post the same thing in multiple forums. Your message will be seen. I am sure there is something in SP as they have 500,000 people there. I have been told it is not particularly tourist oriented so hotels are few and basic but that should mean cheap.

bladeNYC

May 14, 2003
www.dr1.com
It wasn't my intention

I apologize if I violated any rules. After posting on General topics, then Later I realized the forum was supposed to be under Travel Forum. Thanks for your reply. After waiting for reply, finally someone reply with at least complaining. lol.

bladeNYC

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Hotel Howard Johnson

San Pedro isn't choke full of decent hotels, unlike in Santo Domingo.

You might want to try Hotel Howard Johnson, right on the southwestn edge of the malec?n, replete with a pool.

I had my Dominican secretary phone the front desk and the room is RD$750 for a single or RD$900 for a double.

Phone number is (809)529-2100.

If you stay there, try to steer clear of rooms directly above the discoteque or facing the pool unless you want constant noise.

Hope that helps

bladeNYC

May 14, 2003
www.dr1.com
Hey Formo**

Sounds like a plan. I'll check it out. Question... Why is it that when I use their website to check the rates, I get the same rate for either one or two people?. I am getting RD$965 for a single standard. Is that the real rate?

bladeNYC

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Website is only a reference

Best to call the hotel directly to find out the up-to-day rates. It would not surprise me if they haven't bothered updating their website.

If you speak Spanish and scan ound determined, you might be able to talk them into throwing in the breakfast for no extra charge. Give it a try.

bladeNYC

May 14, 2003
www.dr1.com
Gracias,

I'll certainly try that. I'm dominican, "Yo le doy un par de muelas" :D . Thanks for your reply.

bladeNYC