Casa Linda Photos And Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

Jan 1, 2002
I have been looking at Casa Linda's website for a home and i was hoping some of you out there have better pictures than the one's on the site. If you have some photo's, please post them and give me some feedback on the good and bad of this developement. Thanks.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Karl - I'll email you with fresh pictures of our house. The link that I put on one of the forums is broken now.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Hey Daniel

Wound a little tight, are we? I think you might have read into Ken's response a little too much. I happen to know Ken and his wife Barbara for the last year or so. They are very gracious and knowledgable people that love to share the info with new comers. As you said, he even took the time to provide the link. Sooooooooo.............take a chill pill, and, oh ya, WELCOME TO DR1, IT DEFINATELY HAS IT'S UPSIDE.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You don't need to duck; it's a fair question.

I didn't imply it was a bother; if it were, I certainly wouldn't have taken the time to do the research for Karl. But I do believe we must do more to get users of the board to make use of the archives, both for their benefit as well as for the benefit of those of us who are seriously trying to be of assistance to people who need help/assistance relative to the DR. Each time the same question is asked, fewer people respond and those who do offer less. Thus the best way to get help/info re general subjects is the archives.

Pumped up egos? Well, I guess that is in the eye of the beholder and each person has the right to his own impressions.

Since I have yet to participate in a chat, I know nothing about what goes on there. But, knowing from the posts on the board by those who do, I would imagine the exchanges are spirited.

One final thought. Yes, the purpose of this board is to help. But this help isn't always packaged as sweetly as some might like. The board (and, I'm sure the Chat) is best enjoyed by those who lighten up and learn to roll with the punches.

Last edited:

Karl

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for the photos and review Ken, oh yeah, you didnt do either of those two things.

JanH, the pics would be great, thank you.

Last edited:

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Ken said:
You don't need to duck; it's a fair question.

One final thought. Yes, the purpose of this board is to help. But this help isn't always packaged as sweetly as some might like. The board (and, I'm sure the Chat) is best enjoyed by those who lighten up and learn to roll with the punches.

This is true; but I find that sometimes when you try to help, there are people on this board who interfere with that assistance, merely because they don't like what you're about. I can only imagine that they feel inferior and so they lash out. rolling with the punches doesn't always work (depends on what kind of day I'm having, but is frustrating when you know what you're posting is 100% true and you have people disputing it because they feel your a smart a$$.

Sorry Ken, but I have been meaning to say this for a long time, and you just gave me an opening.

I like your posts BTW, they are informative and you're always a gentleman.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Give Credit,Where Credit Is Due!!

Ken actually has "references" for the "real" information he posts on DR1! Unlike most of us, he doesn't just make stuff up!You can take what Ken says to the bank!Don't mistake his "style" for arrogance,it just ain't so!

Cris Colon(I AM arrogant!),but only because I am ALWAYS RIGHT!!!;)

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
To all the newbies from a newby

OK, let's get this issue squared away from a newby prospective. Most of the regulars on this forum are helpful beyond belief. Some are afflicted with what has been termed as "keyboard courage". Be prepared for which ever response you get because you posted in an "open" forum.

Ken's response was right on target because he wanted you to get the most from this forum. Most lurkers would be well advised to extensively research the archives to get a good feel of the forum and to ensure that you don't get turned off because your question has been asked a gazillion times and the responses to such questions, as Ken said, will received limited response.

Hang with this bunch and you'll become quickly educated. Don't get offended with what may seem to be curt replies, they are only meant to be "nuggets" of wisdom, not smart-ass quips.

I am not trying to chastise you, respond as you see fit, but realize that no matter how obnoxious the response may seem (God, I hate to say this) but even the Mr. Rogers of El Neptuno (jazzcom) has the best intentions when he replies (ok escott, I owe you a Presidente or three on the 18th}.

A consulting service that would have provided Jan and I the same info that we have received on this forum would have cost us hundreds and without it we would have been out thousands.

Mr. JanH (Doug)

P.S. Yeah Ken, I know need to get my own user name. LOL

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
JanH said:
Mr. JanH (Doug)

P.S. Yeah Ken, I know need to get my own user name. LOL

No, that's fine! Will look good on your name tag on the 18th. ;)

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
jazz

Can't believe you don't recognize fashiteousness! Of course you're not Mr. Rogers, but if I buy you a beer I get one too! Honestly, I appreciate your candid responses. You're the guy who was the inspiration for the bumper sticker "Jesus Loves you but Everyone Else Thinks You're an Asshole".;)

Doug

palmas

Jan 7, 2002
cheers to the messengers

hey hey.

Escott. What are you doing on line? Shouldn't you be packing? Well said!

And Doug, I like the way you express your opinion. Wish we could be there at the same time as you and Jan. Would love to meet both of you. However, will have the pleasure (lol) to meet the Jazzman in Aug. Looking forward to this one.

I agree. I met Ken only the one time (and it happened to be on an unusual night - and no Ken, I was not drunk), but had many emails with him. What a combination helpful, kind and realistic about things. He has something to say and says it, but in a kind generous way, not a sarcastic way like some that we're familiar with. (If you know what I mean ).

Buenas noches
Palmas

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
JanH said:
jazz

Can't believe you don't recognize fashiteousness! Of course you're not Mr. Rogers, but if I buy you a beer I get one too! Honestly, I appreciate your candid responses. You're the guy who was the inspiration for the bumper sticker "Jesus Loves you but Everyone Else Thinks You're an Asshole".;)

Doug
Whoa... Ok, I will still take the beer. Don't be so upset.

Edited to Add:

You guys going to come on the 18th decked out with the spray on tans?

Last edited:

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Beer good! 1 for Jazz, 2 for Doug, 2 for Jazz, 3 for Doug. Not upset, just funnin'. Insert any name needed in bumper sticker.

Palmas, really looking forward to meeting you guys in person. When we do a night of festivities is on us. :cool:

Escott, Jan may do the sprayee thing, considering Nordic genetics and all. I've had enough yard work and Madrid genetics to avoid the propellant induced "Gee, you really look dark" comments.,

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
JanH said:
Beer good! 1 for Jazz, 2 for Doug, 2 for Jazz, 3 for Doug. Not upset, just funnin'. Insert any name needed in bumper sticker.

Palmas, really looking forward to meeting you guys in person. When we do a night of festivities is on us. :cool:
I don't need no bumper stickers... I don't need no name tags either. I certainly don't need a spray on tan either! LOL

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
it appears to me...

that Karl asked a valid question. If I'm correct he posted previously inquiring about relocating to DR along w/ son/grandson. As it was pointed out at that time he needed more info regarding his needs,etc. He was directed to the archives to reduce the non productive back and forth and create some foundation to ask more helpful questions.
It would appear to me he did just that. More than likely answering many of his questions in the process.
His post said after looking at casa linda's site would anyone have mor

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
it appears to me...

that Karl asked a valid question. If I'm correct he posted previously inquiring about relocating to DR along w/ son/grandson. As it was pointed out at that time he needed more info regarding his needs,etc. He was directed to the archives to reduce the non productive back and forth and create some foundation to ask more helpful questions.
It would appear to me he did just that. More than likely answering many of his questions in the process.
His post said after looking at casa linda's site would anyone have more current, better, pictures and additional-newer- information.
Where did everyone go wrong?
I ask questions without checking first and it's not appropiate behavior. After one trys, checks, hunts, one may ask. It ought to be a law.
If a puppy isn't trained when a puppy.....

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Duhtree - I've responded to Karl through private email and am sending him pictures of our house in Casa Linda. Like jazzcom said, he's probably getting his info outside this particular thread.

Jan

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Back to the original question.

Karl,

I have a house at Casa Linda, it's only been since last Christmas but so far, I'm happy. Pls read all previous posts so I don't repeat myself. For pictures, here's my house web site;

www.drvillarental.com
click on Villa Pictures.

Good luck,

ecarignan

Status
Not open for further replies.