boat to Cuba, mexico or anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike-mike

Feb 16, 2003
Hello everyone,

I would like to go from DR to Cuba, Mexico, Honduras (or anywhere I could scubadive). But plane are VERY expensive. so maybe i could find boats or sailboats which do the trips.
Do you have any tips?
second question, do you know if it is possible and easy to find a
job in Cuba?

Thanks for your answers.
Mike

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Have you seen "Analyze That"?

A job in Cuba. How good at you are hitting folks about the head with a baseball bat? THEY HAVE NO MONEY. What would they pay you with, Cigars?

Seriously, I don't know what you're accustomed to earning, but if you have access to a computer for sure it's more than you could earn in Cuba. Or here for that matter without some serious connections.

As to the boat, "Chris" on this board tells me that there is a cruise to Cuba that leaves once a week from Puerto Plata for a few hundred US$. Anyone have any more info on that one? She's been trying to get me to go for a month but I begged off after the last cruise stalled half-way there and had to have some Dominican sailor/engineer (ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!) get them back to port by stretching some plastic tubes together with a blow-torch.

:: sigh ::

Tom

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Yeah! but they got good food while they were bobbing in the ocean somewhere with no airconditioning and serious mechanical problems. And on returning to the DR (not having seen Cuba or Jamaica), they all got free tickets for another trip. My friends, who took this cruise, tell me that they are not going to use their free tickets! Wonder Why!

So, Xanadu, we have free tickets if we want them for a five day cruise that hopefully puts in to Cuba and Jamaica, or, manages to get a few miles offshore and bobs around there for four of the five days...

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
second question, do you know if it is possible and easy to find a
job in Cuba?

Thanks for your answers.
Mike [/B][/QUOTE]

Line from a Cheech and chong movie:

Chong : heyyyy mannnn, why dont you go and get a job?

Cheech: a job? You mean like a blowjob?

Mike-Mike, what makes you think you are going to go to Cuba and get a job? LOL

Larry

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Mike-Mike,

Are you from the US. You do realize that travel by Americans to Cuba is restricted right?

And considering that Cuba is a Communist state that would mean that you would be emplyed by the Cuban Gov. in any job you might find.

I am sure that the US State department would not look too kindly at an American being employed by the Cuban gov.

I will not even go into the moral implications of your actions because you obviously have none

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
It IS possible to get a job in CUBA. I know of several Dominicans that work there, and get to come home on vacations. THERE IS NOTHING inmoral about working in Cuba.

-Joseito

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
Tony C said:
Mike-Mike,

I will not even go into the moral implications of your actions because you obviously have none
You see what I was saying Tony C..May a big aggressive dog find you walking alone in the dark and Mike-Mike scuba his way to Cuba if he wants to live there..Different strokes Tony C..Very Different strokes when it comes to you..Maybe we will meet in the DR one day and you will be priveleged enough to pet my dogs...:) All in fun OK? PAM

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
jose?to said:
It IS possible to get a job in CUBA. I know of several Dominicans that work there, and get to come home on vacations. THERE IS NOTHING inmoral about working in Cuba.

-Joseito

Are you serious?

Hmmm I wonder how you would feel about that if you were Cuban and was thrown in jail for writing about Cuba the same way you write about Dominican Politics here on DR1

GoatFarmnga,

Different strokes? Sure! I personally have no desire to help prop up a murderous dictator! If you want to be my guest. I have a conscience!
I'll be more than happy to pet your dog. Only if it si properly restrained in an enclosed space or on a leash.
I have worked with pit-bulls. Some of the Dumbest most traiterous dogs on the planet!

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
Why on God's earth would you want to work in Cuba? I mean Doctors make $20 a month. The higher paying jobs are in professions where you can get tips like Waiters, Tour guides, Taxi Drivers, bell hops etc. While I was there, I asked a couple of my taxi drivers what their "real" professions where and I heard everything from Engineers to Surgeons... but they gave it up to drive a taxi because it was more money.

Are you American? If so, there's no way I could see an American working happily in Cuba unless employed by an American firm and you're sent there to research or something and then there's a bunch of legal issues with that.

But as far as traveling to cuba from DR... try www.cubalinda.com

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
Going to Cuba..Pitt Bulls

Tony C said:
Are you serious?

I personally have no desire to help prop up a murderous dictator! If you want to be my guest. I have a conscience!
I'll be more than happy to pet your dog. Only if it si properly restrained in an enclosed space or on a leash.
I have worked with pit-bulls. Some of the Dumbest most traiterous dogs on the planet!
Well Tony.. Mike-mike sounded like an ambious scuba diver..Not a traitor to the USA..Maybe misinformed in his quest for seeing the underwater world..I doubt he wants to go against America..
As for the Pitt being the dumbest dog..Well My now deceased great dog..Was my 3 yr old sons buddy..My son likes to take his clothes off when jumping on the trampoline..(yeah it is a sight:) )Does his own strip routine for some reason..The dog would watch my son and catch his clothes before they hit the ground and bring them to me each time..I never said a word to the dog he started doing this on his own. A game he played with my son..My son goes to my newly being built pond when the workers are not there (after a rain) and plays in the mud..My son threw his clothes down into the pond area 6+ feet and that dog jumped down into the pitt and brought me my sons clothes..just a great dog..So do not sterotype them as being dumb..That dog was almost human to me..I dropped a salt shaker at the table and before I could bend down to get it that DUMB PITT BULL Brought it to me..Watched every move I and my son made..Protective and smart...That is the real Pitt Bull..not the THUG, Spiked collar wearing chopped off "battle cut eared" dogs you think of..They are good gentle dogs who can be traiterous etc if provoked....Have a nice day and give a Pitt a hug :) Oh yeah, I use a leash whenever I go in public so you can pet my dogs..They have the basic commands down pat..:) Once took a Staffordshire terrier to Obedience school in Little Rock Ark and she was the smartest dog there...I kept getting snapped at by a chow and Cocker Spaniel though :) Pam

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
previously

some one posted this: Cuba cruise from P.P..
Viatur-tosato= 809-586-2922. Possible the boats' name is Caribe Star. Hope this helps.

monaco09

Jun 4, 2003
Peoples' fear and ignorance of Cuba never ceases to amaze me. Virtually everything said here is garbage. I won't touch issues that may be debated endlessly here (politics, human rights etc.).

You can fly or get a boat to Cuba from the DR. Check major marinas and you will get a lift without major problems. There is only restrictions on Yanks spending Yank money there. No harm in going, thousand per year do. No one will stamp your passport anyway.

Living: cheap, cheap, cheap. Rent private houses from very nice people for $10 per night. Cheaper the longer you stay of course. I've stayed in beautiful high rises on the beach in Havana for these prices including breakfast. Outstanding people. Very friendly. I know lots of them with quite a good amount of money. Combined with VERY subsidized housing and small food rations many do very well. I know many (mostly country) do not of course.

Jobs: The truest thing I read here was that professionals earn little when compared with dollar earning jobs. There are many foreign corp's doing business that employ at ex-pat pay. Contact Sherritt Int'l to see an example. If you know about tourism, building, recreation you have a shot. It would be tough locally though. Better to contact them first and at least pre-arrange to meet someone there. Plently to do without working for the gov't (unlike the post here). You simply have to be a little creative about it. No simple looking in the newspaper help wanted!!!

I've met very few unhappy Cubans there (less than unahappy DR's in DR). Tony C obviously has issues with the place and sounds like one of the ravers you might find in Florida waiting to get their houses back from 50 years ago. Everyone there is educated, healthy and great to talk with.

If you can find a way to create work in the tourism industry you will be welcomed and helped there especially. Good Luck and be agressive in trying to meet the right people.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Yeah, hard to have issues with a country that shoots, torpedoes, or missles any of its own people that simply want to leave. Even while they float to the U.S. on a plywood raft. Sounds like paradise.

How could Tony C have a problem with that?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Anybody who goes to Cuba is helping prop up a dictator. Thats is a fact! You can argue all you want but you can't deny it.
Now if your scuba trip or hanging on the beach is more important to you than people's freedom then go to Cuba! But please don't try to bullshit me and give me some lame ass story that the Cuban people are better off or Happy under Fidel!

If it is so great why do they have to throw so many people in jail for having a opinion that goes against the Party line?

If it is so great why have thousands of Cubans died trying to cross the Gulf Stream to get to the US and freedom?

People complain about the DR Goverment. Well at least you guys voted for him.
Nobody under the age of 53 in Cuba has ever had even the slightest chance to pick his or her goverment!

So go stay in your cheap Hotels. Go screw your cheap whores. I'll stay away with a clear conscience.

monaco09

Jun 4, 2003
Did you notice the worldwide story just recently that stated at a recent gathering of leaders in Central and South America Fidel received far and away the largest applause. It quoted the US as receiving "what can only be called polite applause."

The article then goes on to explain how the majority of the area has leftist leadership. Argentina's leader stated he was putting his nation on the same path as Cuba.

Hmmm, must be something right about it if many in the area want to copy it. Fidel's problem is the US. Very little of what can be termed bad actions would ever have been done without the constant interference of the US in another sovereign country.

Never mentioned prostitutes, but apparently that is on your mind. I'm just saying that after large periods of time there, people are better off in Cuba than they believe. Of course the good ol USA wants them to believe otherwise and still spends beaucoup $$$ to try to raise trouble. You really believe the US government acts any better than Cuba's? Who kills more people, starts more wars. Let's look at Guantameno. Completely illegal but who cares.

Take the blinders off Tony C. When was the last time you were there, 1958?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Right on Tony C

I stopped shopping at K-MART just because they let Rosie shoot off her big mouth while sacking Fuzzy Zoeller. Those things are important to me. It may be that K-MART never noticed they never got a dime more of my money, although I wrote them and told them so. But I had a clear conscience and felt better for it. The fact they went bankrupt made me feel better, too!

This is really much more important. I would not sleep well at night knowing that part of the money that I spent there was used to buy bullets or missles that killed people whose only crime was that they wanted not to live there! Good God man are you blind?

That's not a government, that's slavery pure and simple. And one day when Fidel's gone, and his regime dead and buried, and the people have their lives back in their own hands again there I will get even more pleaseure from that than K-MART's bankruptcy.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Blinders? Puh-lease!

Monaco, as usual like a poor marksmen you keep missing the target!

CUBA MURDERS PEOPLE WHO WANT TO LEAVE.

Spend your money there if you like at least you have the freedom to come and go as you please. You need to take the blinders off, get down on your needs and thank whatever pointy-haired diety you pray to every day that you have that freedom. They do not.

monaco09

Jun 4, 2003
Somehow I knew Xanadu that you would show up. Do you nag at everything?

Every country throws people in jail and other nasty acts when people act against them. eg. USA and recent imprisonment of people, holding of people not even charged with a crime for months at a time...

Why pick on one particular is my question? 95% of Cuba's troubles are directly related to US interference. The amount of money USA spends to disrupts the place and try to inflame its citizens is ridiculous. Yet the place endures. Some crackpots who think they will get their old houses back yell in Miami, but haven't been there in decades. Many countries have restrictions on travel, if that is your big beef.

You can reply or not, I won't reply to any post you make. Tony and others often have solid points to make, but you... (if I could only find an ignore feature) offer nothing but "yeah, me too." over and over while picking fights.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Really, you are just too funny! My sides are splitting!

"Many countries have restrictions on travel, if that is your big beef."

Yeah? Like KILLING them? That's quite a restriction! And I bet you berate the U.S. for having capital punishment for serial killers.

"Every country throws people in jail and other nasty acts when people act against them."

I'll bet the tens of thousands of Cubans and their families who have been murdered trying to leave by Castro would have prefered the jail time to death. And just which other countries in the world consider it a "nasty act" as you put it, to say "Good bye. I am leaving now!"? China and North Korea. Good company to aspire to wouldn't you say?

"You can reply or not, I won't reply to any post you make."

Allelujah. You promise?

What part of, CUBA MURDERS PEOPLE WHO WANT TO LEAVE escapes you? The U.S. makes them do it? Why is Cuba afraid that it's atheletes will defect when they are here in the D.R.? The U.S. makes them do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.